+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin Daye...if you give a shit

Austin Daye...if you give a shit

Here's the vid of him handing Jordan Hill his ass.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    dumbest move we could make is making him bulk up to play the 4. He's a 3 and a severe mismatch for most guys.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    When analyzing Daye’s game, one of the first things to stand out has to be his jump shot. With his length and elevation, Daye has an extremely high release point on his shot, and it doesn’t hurt that he completely maximizes that release point with the upward trajectory of his shooting motion. Strong, complimentary adjectives get thrown out a lot when assessing prospects, but in this case, there are only a handful of three-point shooters in the NBA today that have a higher release point on their shot than Daye (Dirk Nowitzki, Rasheed Wallace, Mehmet Okur, Andrea Bargnani, James Jones), and we’re talking about a player that projects primarily as a small forward. It doesn’t hurt that he’s also been very effective from deep in the early going, hitting 43% of his shots on 30 attempts. When he gets his feet set and has time to be deliberate with his motion, Daye’s shot looks as smooth as it gets. That shooting ability has also translated to the free-throw line, where he’s shooting a very strong 91% in the early going, on a noteworthy 67 attempts.

Daye’s shooting is not without flaws, but his effectiveness in the early going has been pretty strong and his overall potential in this area is immense. To reach that potential, one thing Daye will need to work on is better consistency with his release, specifically when pulling up or being rushed by a contesting defender. In these situations, he often doesn’t hold his follow through and doesn’t always have a picture perfect release, and his accuracy suffers because of it. It should be noted, though, that with his upward motion and high release, Daye doesn’t need much space to get off his shot, and shows some nice flashes of putting up shots when closely guarded, having good, but very inconsistent success with it.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

say it with me everyone...Rashard Lewis.

Meaning, he should be in the rotation around 2012 or so.

Hopefully less money though.
    Players meeting my ASS!

good comparison actually. don't think anyone is seeing him as a 4.....he has to bulk up just to play the 3!

i'll buy into this pick in time. but right now i'm not liking it. especially since i think we need toughness and athleticism. and this kid has neither.

but he can shoot from deep which is something we desperately need to. we'll see how it plays out. but all i'm saying is, we had better be damn sure we make a serious splash in FA and the trade market. cause this is a long way from a good team. this kid ain't helping too soon....

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    he can shot 3's awesome! after all thats all Joe D cares about, right?!

well, it was the biggest weakness on the team last year....

going by trends, the best 4 teams left this past season were all outside-in teams...

KStat, any love for just outside teams?

I think from now on we can just determine Joe D's drafts SOLELY by wingspan.

A lot of teams do now. Joe was the first to pioneer that.

10 years ago, you never heard much about wingspan, unless it was a center.

+ Reply to Thread