+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drew & Mike, together again

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!

Drew & Mike, together again

Drew's coming back.

Thoughts?

Aren't they called Mike & Ikes?
    STEW BEEF!

I never really listened to them before, but I understand they are kind of a Detroit tradition. Which channel were/are they on?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    They are the WRIF morning show. They've been around pretty much since...what, the late 80s?

The show had been called Drew & Zip. They had a guy who was a gas company worker who called in and did little bits and stunts. They fired Zip and replaced him with the gas company guy, Mike.

They are locally famous for a few recurring bits / jokes.

* Drew Blows - When Drew would call in sick to the show, Mike and the rest of the staff would call local businesses would spend hours crank-calling local businesses and asking to speak with "Drew Blows"

* Short Attention Span Theater - long movies or books summarized in 60 seconds or less with silly voices

* The Harris Poll - Random opinion polling about topical issues by calling up people with the last name Harris. This is how they met:

* Delbert Harris - a half-retarded racist hillbilly who they would call up every once in a while to ask for his hilarious opinions on things

* They were the ones who introduced Detroit to Peter & Raymond, aka the "shut up, little man" guys

* Their epic sign-off sequence at the end of the show that has something like 100 drops of different people saying things along the lines of "thank you, goodbye"

I loved the Harris polls.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Drew and ZIP?! I'm going to sue--going for the throat on this one.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread