+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TRADE: Pick #5 and junk from Wizards to Minny for Foye/Mike Miller

The Wolves have 4 first rounders I think. They wanna grab rubio for sure, so im thinking they trade up?

the #5 and #18 for #2 sounds like a good idea. I think they'd take Thabeet at #2 and use #6 on a PG. OKC is hot on Harden and Curry to complement Durant. They could get one at #6, would OKC take #28 to move down 3 spots? If I'm the Wolves I trade all 4 first rounders for #2 and #3. Take Thabeet and Rubio.

Rubio
    Brewer
    Gomes
    Love
    Jefferson
    Thabeet

That's not a bad core. Could use another wing player, but they could get that with their MLE. They could probably move one of those backup bigs to Utah for Korver and save them some money too.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

If I had #2, I don't know if I'd trade it for #5 and #18 unless I was damn sure that the guy I wanted would still be there. If you're making a trade like that in this draft, you've got to have someone specific in mind at 5. 18 isn't worth much.

I don't think they get #3 for #6 and #28 either, for the exact same reasoning. Unless OKC is big on Harden but think that someone like Currybe there at #6 and isn't much of a dropoff, why make that trade? Would you rather have your #1 choice for sure, or take a chance that your guy is off the board when its your time to pick and get the #28 as your consolation prize?

Give the Clippers a call, they'd probably take #5 and #6 for #1.
    _

well, who does Memphis really want? They have a G, SF and C. At #5 they could add Hill next to Gasol. He'd actually fit better than Thabeet, would be cheaper, and they can get another guard at #18 (like Lawson or Jennings if they wanted a PG. Buddinger or Douglas if they wanted a SG next to Mayo).

Does OKC really want a PG (if they feel Thabeet is gone to #2)? They have Westbrook. They need a SG or big man. They could get Harden, Hill or Curry at #6. The only players they risk missing out on would be Evans, Harden or Hill, but if Memphis now has #5 (from my other trade and not Minny) there is a good chance Harden or Evans is there at #6. One of Evans/Harden/Hill will be there at #6 and they'd be happy with any of them. at #28 they could add some PF depth.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

There are multiple reports that Minnesota wants to move up to get Tyreke Evans, though it may be a smokescreen so Rubio falls to them at 5.
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    Evans is the hot name right now, for sure (along with Rubio).
    Find a new slant.

Minny has Love and Jefferson up front.

What position has quality in this Draft? Guard

Ding! Ding! Ding!

They apparently want Evans - he's a combo guard and they'll likely take either Harden or Curry - depending on who got drafted earlier.

They'd have Jefferson, Love, Gomes, Brewer, Harden or Curry and Evans on board. That's some nice young talent to have.

Good move by Minny, since they were/are going nowhere anyway. They'll need to keep that group together and/or add some vets who know how to win before that group scares anyone though

Good move for the Wizards too, cause they got a guard to pair with Arenas or come off the bench and give them offense and they added a vet shooter that can cover SF and SG.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread