+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Pick #5 and junk from Wizards to Minny for Foye/Mike Miller

Looks like the Wiz are sending #5 pick in Thursday's draft, Oleksiy Pecherov, Etan Thomas and Darius Songaila to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Randy Foye and Mike Miller.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4282279

not happy to see this, because i was hopeful we'd get some sort of trade involving rip done with them. this deal either signals there are a lot of other trades to come, or it could be the biggest deal that will be made around the draft. we'll see in 48hours i guess!

who wants to bet VC is a cav sometime soon?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Sooo... where does Caron Butler go?

I wanted to see Foye develop into a good player, but with Arenas and him in the backcourt, i don't know. If the Wizards had a legit center, they would be contenders...

Wizards have too many swingmen...Nick Young, Caron Butler, Mike Miller, Dominic Mcguire, DeShawn Stevenson.

Caron Butler and Nick Young for Tayshaun straight up...yeah right--

I don't really get this deal.

For Minnesota: This draft isn't especially deep. So the 5 and 6 pick won't be that incredible for them. They must not have liked Foye all that much. I guess they're planning on rebuilding... again.

For Washington: They have stated in the past that they are committed to their big three leading the way. They've never had bigs to get them anywhere. So what do they do? They trade away some of their big guys for more backcourt... two guys that are good enough to start. I'm guessing they're planning on sending some wing players away for a big.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Maybe trade with LAC and get Kaman or Camby? That would be scary.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN Insider
    The Wizards are out of the draft now, but what they did was pretty savvy. I thought it would be tough to get two veterans who could come and really contribute for them, but Miller and Foye really fill out their backcourt. If they can get one more big man, they will be serious contenders in the East.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Foye is considered a vet?
    STEW BEEF!

I'm not sure if 191 games (5,600 minutes) of NBA experience equates to a "vet" really.

Max has just over 4,200 minutes of PT. Would you consider him a vet?

What about Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Rondo and Aldridge? All were regulars drafted the same year.

I would consider Foye less polished for sure (than his draft mates above).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread