+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: 3WAY- Amir/Kurt Thomas to Mil, RJefferson to Spurs, Bowen/Oberto to FA

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Talk to me in a month.

I'd rather not have Gadzuric than have him, in any case.
    i wouldn't want to play them....but it beats tossing akid out there.

TRADE: Detroit Sends Amir Johnson to Milwaukee for Fabricio Oberto

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian W
    In an effort to clear more salary cap space, the Detroit Pistons have sent forward Amir Johnson(notes) to the Milwaukee Bucks for newly acquired Fabricio Oberto(notes), a league executive told Yahoo! Sports.
    The Pistons plan to buy out Oberto’s deal and make him a free agent. The San Antonio Spurs sent Oberto to the Bucks as part of a four-player trade for Richard Jefferson(notes) earlier on Tuesday.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-pistonsbucks062309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Very interesting.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Soooo.... what's the math behind this being better than buying out Amir? Also, they just threw Amir away?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think their salaries are pretty similar?? Unless Oberto's already agreed to a super cheap buyout??

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I believe Oberto's contract isn't guaranteed. The Pistons can release him and save a chunk of cap space.

I kinda wish we could keep him, but we need the cap space more.

I think an extra 3.6 million off the books means we're over $20 million in cap space.

If Kwame doesn't come back, it would be an absurd amount of space. We'd be able to sign THREE major free agents.

Whatev, I don't think Amir has what it takes... He has a lot of talent but lacks explosion in his leaping (the height on his jumps is good, but the acceleration off the ground isn't great). He also lacks the mentality, apparently... I'm okay with this.

Unfortunately, Joe hinted that he expects Kwame back. Still, $20 million is big. He must have swung this with something in mind. Maybe he has a few things lined up already.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN

The Pistons will also send some money. Oberto only has $1.8 million guaranteed on his contract. If the Pistons waive him, they'll save $1.5 million this year. That's important to Detroit who are trying to clear as much cap space as possible for free agents this summer.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4281291

Blog Entries
    Hammond connection.

Herm and I wasted some time earlier, lol.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread