+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: 3WAY- Amir/Kurt Thomas to Mil, RJefferson to Spurs, Bowen/Oberto to FA

TRADE: 3WAY- Amir/Kurt Thomas to Mil, RJefferson to Spurs, Bowen/Oberto to FA

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/27094

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Ford
    Chad Ford

The trade is Richard Jefferson to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Fabricio Oberto and Kurt Thomas ... more coming in just a second. Deal is agreed to in principle with a trade call coming later today

Milwaukee will cut Bowen, he will return to SA. Only concern for SA now is who plays next to Duncan? Spurs could be in the market for a big man like Gortat.
    Destiny

ARE THEY DONE NOW GLENN?
    smallears

Blog Entries
    Still DONE.
    And I like the smallears reference.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    Milwaukee will cut Bowen, he will return to SA. Only concern for SA now is who plays next to Duncan? Spurs could be in the market for a big man like Sheed or Dice.
    Fixed.

This will open up for sessions and cv to resign..

bucks are pretty much fucked

on the other hand

Tony Parker, Manu, RJ, Duncan, Roger Mason, George Hill, Michael Finley doesnt look too bad to me. If they had just kept scola...wow

Blog Entries
    Mxy's right.

Still old, slow and thin, though. Although perhaps somewhat slightly less so.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Source: Bucks deal Jefferson to Spurs

By Chad Ford
    ESPN.com

The Milwaukee Bucks agreed to trade Richard Jefferson to the San Antonio Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto a Bucks source told ESPN.com.

The two teams have agreed to the deal in principle. A trade call to make the deal official is coming later Tuesday.

The move gives the Spurs a dynamic wing scorer to play alongside Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. The Spurs had promised to make their team better this summer and adding Jefferson for role players should give them a huge shot in the arm.

The Bucks incentive to make the trade is largely financial. Bowen, Oberto and Thomas are all in the last year of their contracts. The deal will clear $15 million off the books for the Bucks next season and give Milwaukee more flexibility for next year. It also saves them roughly $3 million this year. That may give the Bucks the wiggle room to sign one of their restricted free agents -- either Charlie Villanueva or Ramon Sessions -- next year.

The move also opens up some playing time for the Bucks lottery pick last year, Joe Alexander.

Bowen has a partially guaranteed contract for next season, so the Bucks could release him, further saving about $4 million next season and giving them a better chance of retaining Sessions and Villanueva. In that case, Bowen might return to San Antonio later this summer.

The Bucks expect to save $6.35 million next season after releasing Bowen (only $2 million guaranteed) and Oberto (only $1.9 million guaranteed), a source told ESPN.com.
    Seems like a nice move by Hammond, to me.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    And the Spurs is a nice place for BabyEars from my perspective. Let's load up as many players that I can't stand there as possible.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I would guess that they re-sign Sessions and let Charlie walk.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread