+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Maher hits it on the head

I think Herm makes a good point. The Dems say hands off on military spending if the lics keep their hands off all the wasted social spending.

In the end, the taxpayers overpay for both.
    Players meeting my ASS!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I only wish we had not chosen to go into massive debt until the end of 2008. We'd be in a much better position to use debt to leverage our asses out of this economic mess. Now when we borrow money, our debt is worth a lot less to other nations, making our recovery much harder.

Imagine if Obama took office, and Bush had managed to build a surplus! When the housing market finally took a shit, we could have spent the surplus and started borrowing money right then and there to handle the economic crisis that followed. But we were already in huge debt by the time it hit us, and now our currency has been made worthless. We had a choice.

Yup, lics kept talking about the economy being so good during bush's 6 middle years, we should have been building wealth then face fucking this crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Yup, lics kept talking about the economy being so good during bush's 6 middle years, we should have been building wealth then face fucking this crisis.
    Can you build wealth when you are spending a grillion dollars a day on two wars? A surplus also might have meant rolling back tax cuts, expecially for the wealthy.
    Or maybe not, I'm just winging it.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I'm not working with ANY of youz libs.
    We KNOW that, buttplug. That's why you are working with the mass of stupidity given over to the fear-mongering you guys have captalized on under the guise of "patriotism" over the last 8 years, and just might be able to scare and yell enough to have the Supreme Court steal another election or two for ya.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I think the 2 wars averaged under 1% GDP (not counting supplemental bills), so yeah, we could have fought them, increased airline security, improved some healthcare efficiencies in our private system, and still fought the debt with an across the board tax cut. But Americans won't sacrifice.

Woolworths makes dildoes?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    I only wish we had not chosen to go into massive debt until the end of 2008. We'd be in a much better position to use debt to leverage our asses out of this economic mess. Now when we borrow money, our debt is worth a lot less to other nations, making our recovery much harder.

Imagine if Obama took office, and Bush had managed to build a surplus! When the housing market finally took a shit, we could have spent the surplus and started borrowing money right then and there to handle the economic crisis that followed. But we were already in huge debt by the time it hit us, and now our currency has been made worthless. We had a choice.
    Massive debt? Just watch and you'll see massive debt.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami

Imagine if Obama wasn't such a douce bag. Dude is a fuckin tool.
    Players meeting my ASS!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy

+ Reply to Thread