+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Bill Maher hits it on the head

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I agree with Maher on everything but "gun control", but that's because I think government and "technology control" simply don't mix well in most cases. We like these dumb wars against products of technology, ranging from booze to other drugs to guns to whatever. It's NOT the technology, but how you use it that counts.
    Here's how I see it: the technology to which you have access should not greatly outstrip your awareness. The majority of people in the United States are operating on a mid-19th-century mentality. I feel very strongly that all citizens should therefore be allowed the use of muzzel-loading single-fire rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Here's how I see it: the technology to which you have access should not greatly outstrip your awareness. The majority of people in the United States are operating on a mid-19th-century mentality. I feel very strongly that all citizens should therefore be allowed the use of muzzel-loading single-fire rifles.
    Great advice, but for me that would mean never working with anything more technlogically advanced than Play-Doh.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Prostitution should be legal. I have every right to pay for the privilege of their leaving when the act is done!

I agree with Maher on everything but "gun control", but that's because I think government and "technology control" simply don't mix well in most cases. We like these dumb wars against products of technology, ranging from booze to other drugs to guns to whatever. It's NOT the technology, but how you use it that counts.
    I think we have it pretty close to where it ought to be on gun control right now. At one end of the spectrum are law abiding, responsible citizens who can obtain and carry a gun under current laws. At the other end of the spectrum are criminals who obtain guns illegally and would do so regardless of controls.

In the middle is a vast sea of fucktards who'd get a gun and do something stupid with it... but won't because they don't have their shit together well enough to jump through the hoops of paperwork and waiting periods. Don't underestimate the size of this demographic, it's probably a majority of the population.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Great advice, but for me that would mean never working with anything more technlogically advanced than Play-Doh.
    Well, honestly...

+ Reply to Thread