+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Make your ideal offseason 5...

C, I like your starting 5, but I thought it was interesting you picked Bosh to be our low post threat rather than Amare or even West, who are much better post players.

If I have to choose between those 3 I choose Bosh every single time.

I have my doubts about Amare as a leader and West is a little smaller than Bosh.

Bosh just seems like the guy you can build around for the long haul and he's willing and able to lead a team to the playoffs.

I think if I put West in that spot the team simply isn't as good. Same for Amare
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

In the end, I HAVE to think that Chris Paul is available, despite what anyone says. This team has too many albatross contracts and is a smaller market in lux tax range. Without even a question, Dumars should be pushing hardest at this guy. In the spirit of the best starting 5, I offer this:

Chris Paul - Stuckey, Prince (not sure that they would want his contract) and 2009 and 2011 firsts for him and Posey.

Rip: Still no one else who will bring it, and he would be just ridiculous with CP3.

SF: Posey - could be Peja as well, but I think Posey would be a better defender against LBJ and PP. And he can spot up for 3s.

PF: Dice - maybe possible maybe not, but he can board, and shoot well. Maxiell as the backup.

C: Kwame

Its not permanent, but I think its semi realistic that we could run with this rotation and have success for a season.

Hell look at it this way. If we move PRince and Stuck in some package for CP3 and Peja, it completely eliminates their cap liability I believe. It will save them more than 26 mill THIS SEASON ALONE. No one else can offer them that.

Paul is not available.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I gotta disagree. Look at their roster. No one will take Chandler. No one will take Peja. Mo Pete, Posey, and West represent their moveable assets, and even they are a stretch given the length of their contracts and amount they are worth. Now if you are the owner, and someone is offering the deal I put above AND the chance to keep your team at least competitive while not paying the tax. CP3 is great, but to pay an additional 26 mill to keep him? Fiscally this makes too perfect sense. I just see this coming.

I think if you took Peja off their hands and not Posey the Hornets would be more willing to bite.

Hell, try to find a way to take Chandler (maybe sending out Kwame) and they'd jump at the fucking chance.

You draft Mullens, do the big trade and this is your team:

C: Chandler/Mullens
    F: Dice/Maxiell
    F: Peja/Second Round Athlete
    G: Rip/AA
    G: Paul/Bynum

The PF/C spots aren't great but with Chris Paul getting into the lane whenever he wants they'd be getting easy dunks/lay-ups. His addition likely sparks Maxiell and who knows what he could do with some confidence and consistent minutes?

And while I didn't crunch numbers for you BBF I gotta think that we'd still have some kind of money to get a free agent big like Wilcox or some other dude inbetween the LLE/MLE range
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Paul is not available.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    You are naive.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo
    Do you guys think we could go after Chris Paul? Is he available?
    _

+ Reply to Thread