+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Make your ideal offseason 5...

Make your ideal offseason 5...

I just had this idea which could give us some ideas for trades.

Pick your ideal starting 5 from whomever is available among free agents and some players in a ton of trade rumors. Try to make it at least realistic. Existing Pistons welcome. IF you post two teams, try not to use any of the same players.

Here is my 5.

PG: Ben Gordon - despite his lesser ballhandling skills, I like his overall offensive package
    SG: Rip Hamilton - in the end, I just like his size, mid range game, and FG%
    SF: Hedo Turkoglu - can shoot from 3 and has good ballhandling skills. Intelligent
    PF: David West - can post, and has one of those fantastic decreasing salaries.
    C: Bosh - a nice complement to West inside outside.

This team is explosive, with scoring from all 5 spots, and the ability to score in the clutch.

My Squad =

pg: Stuckey and Bynum - 2 "attack the basket" guards

sg: Ben Gordon and Double A - Gordon gets signed to a starting salary of $8 mil and brings the extra ball handling/high volume 3 point shooting Joe wanted. Double A showed enough to warrant significant minutes and I'd give him time at SG and SF.

sf: Ariza and #15 (Austin Daye) - Ariza signs for a starting salary of $6 mil and while I'm a bit worried about how he will do outside the triangle I think he's done enough to warrant this kind of role. Apparently Daye has potential and is a smart player, but for his rookie year the dude will have show enough to shorten Double A's minutes. Can Daye do that?

pf: David Lee and Maxiell - I traded Amir, our lowest 2nd round pick and a future 1st round pick to NY and got Lee (signed to a starting salary of $8 mil). Lee likes to attack the hoop and that's what I want. Max is given a legit shot at becoming all that he can be. Here's hoping he can earn most of that contract extension he got.

c: Chris Bosh and Kwame - I traded Rip and Prince for Bosh, Banks and Humpries. It's not the ideal situation but I strongly believe that Bosh is the foundation of the franchise and he will lead this group to the playoffs. Kwame brings what he brings and if Maxiell doesn't show and prove then Kwame could seesome decent minutes again.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

P, I don't think he was looking for you to do any sort of trades. Just list ideal starting 5 from FAs, trade rumor guys and our players.

For trade rumor guys, I assume he means not guys we think we could trade for, but guys that are actually being thrown around in legitimate NBA rumors. So while I've said I'd like to trade for Hinrich a few times, he's not a trade rumor guy because the media isn't really saying anything about him being traded.

Also, in your idea above we'd better have signed Bosh to a huge extension if we're trading Rip and Prince for him and 2 bad contracts.
    _

PG Stuckey - like his upside and he'll continue to improve. combo guards can have a big adjustment (just ask Billups)

SG Ariza - need a good wing defender that can knock down threes. That's all we need from him.

SF Hedo - can share some ball handling duties with Stuckey. not selfish, but can take advantage of mismatches and spread the floor for Stuckey to drive

PF Bosh - go to guy down low, nuff said

C Kaman - keeps Bosh fresh from banging with bigger centers. good rebounder and defender and has enough post moves to give you 15 ppg.

This is a realistic 5 I think. I'm not sure Ariza and Hedo will be out there, but this isn't far fetched or anything. If you think Bosh isn't really available, you can put West in there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    C- Amare'

PF- McDyess

SF- Prince

SG- Gordon

PG- Stuckey

Blog Entries
    PG- Earl Watson
    SG- Flip Murray
    SF- Battier
    PF- Dice
    C- Samb
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    PG- Earl Watson
    SG- Flip Murray
    SF- Battier
    PF- Dice
    C- Samb
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    PG- Earl Watson
    SG- Flip Murray
    SF- Battier
    PF- Dice
    C- Samb
    I call BS!

we all know you want Ariza as your go to guy:

PG - Earl Watson
    SG - Flip
    SF - Ariza
    PF - Battier
    C - Foster
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    The Foster thing is a bogus rap. I may have acknowledged that the guy kills us, but he's not a legitimate member of my clan.
    Find a new slant.

Perception is reality.

+ Reply to Thread