View Poll Results: Who would you rather have, Rip or Ben Gordon?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rip

17 68.00%
  • Gordon

8 32.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Smith: Ben Gordon's agent says he's got an $11m promise from the Pistons

I am FINE with anybody on the current roster going. I don't care if the player we get is perfectly equal in talent, I just want a new look. I can't stand looking at Rip's stupid facemask or dumbass goatee anymore. I can't stand looking at Tayshaun's rediculous "no foul" expression or his silly freckles. For all I care, move all of them. I'd take Gordon in a heartbeat.

Just to play Devil's advocate here, what about a possibility we haven't discussed yet? Is it possible that if we get Ben Gordon that Stuckey could be moved? What about a deal to Toronto for Bosh? Stuck and Rip or Tay for Bosh? I could definitely live with a starting core of Bosh and Ben. Two good pieces to start with.

like the idea, who would play point then???

nobody would be playing point. That's why its a terrible idea.

Will Bynam isn't leading us anywhere.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    I'll have to go back and read, but if I did that, then I was wrong. It's just my take on things and if I didn't properly explain that then my bad.

I think he'll probably get moved, but I'm okay if he doesn't, too. This isn't one of my signature bold stances or anything, it's just good old fashioned speculative opinion & gut feel.

Joe seems to know when to bail on guys, and this could be the right time.
    change that to Joe always knows when it's time to bail, except for Chauncey-in which he cost us a 50 win season. That's a whole other thread...

...because this forum was clamoring for one more 50-win and nothing season...

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    Something else to consider is that Gordon hasn't been asked to be a facilitator in Chicago. That was Kirk's job. And bringing Gordon here would still leave Stuckey as the PG. He'd be asked to score and break his man down off the dribble, two things which I think he does better than Rip does.
    not sure what gordon you watch atrocious, but it surely isnt the same one i have seen. dont let a couple playoff games blind you. did he even shoot 40% in the playoffs?

are people comparing gordon to dumars? what they are both black and play baseketball? if so, i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    09' Playoff stats

Gordon: 24.3 pts per game and 37% from 3

Rip: 13.2 pts per game and 20% from 3

just sayin'
    we got a dude that says "just sayin" too. seems as if it must be the in thing for confused pete and his buddies to say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Joe only wants anyone so much as he feels he's a piece of a championship team.
    Herrmann, Brezec, Murray, Mo Evans, etc.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread