+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Iran: The revolution will not be televised.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    http://www.presstv.ir/detail/98711.h...onid=351020101

Iran's Guardian Council has admitted that the number of votes collected in 50 cities surpass the number of those eligible to cast ballot in those areas.

The council's Spokesman Abbas-Ali Kadkhodaei, who was speaking on the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) Channel 2 on Sunday, made the remarks in response to complaints filed by Mohsen Rezaei -- a defeated candidate in the June 12 Presidential election.

"Statistics provided by Mohsen Rezaei in which he claims more than 100% of those eligible have cast their ballot in 170 cities are not accurate -- the incident has happened in only 50 cities," Kadkhodaei said.

The spokesman, however, said that although the vote tally affected by such an irregularity is over 3 million, "it has yet to be determined whether the amount is decisive in the election results," reported Khabaronline.

Three of the four candidates contesting in last Friday's presidential election cried foul, once the Interior Ministry announced the results - according to which incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was declared the winner with almost two-thirds of the vote.

Rezaei, along with Mir-Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi, reported more than 646 'irregularities' in the electoral process and submitted their complaints to the body responsible for overseeing the election -- the Guardian Council.

Mousavi and Karroubi have called on the council to nullify Friday's vote and hold the election anew. This is while President Ahmadinejad and his Interior Minister Sadeq Mahsouli have rejected any possibility of fraud, saying that the election was free and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    It's so shitty but wtf can you do about it? I don't think even the people who are protesting in the streets actually want the US's help.
    We can't, but the Messiah should be able to.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Was there any polls prior to the election that showed the guy who lost was ahead by a bunch?

Is there any evidence that there really was fraud?

I'm all for a good protest every few years regardless of the answers, btw.
    Players meeting my ASS!

So will Israel bomb Iran?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    So will Israel bomb Iran?
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCain
    Good evening ladies and gentlemen, this first number is one you'll all know...
    Find a new slant.

Yesterday
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Yesterday was by the Bombles. #26 refers to the hit by the Bomb Boys... you know how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread