+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Being

A Zip post is like looking at piece of art. It takes you a lil bit to decide if you are looking at a master piece or a piece of shit...or something in between.

I've had a couple tonight so I can only get through the 1st couple of sentences. Right now, ^, 50/50
    Players meeting my ASS!

The worst motherfuckers I have ever met in my life are all into believeing there is a god.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

It does get a lil old when everything can just be explained away with God
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    A Zip post is like looking at piece of art. It takes you a lil bit to decide if you are looking at a master piece or a piece of shit...or something in between.

I've had a couple tonight so I can only get through the 1st couple of sentences. Right now, ^, 50/50
    Tahoe, you better sober up before you digest that first post on a supreme being. In fact, have a supreme pizza, you'll get better results, and supreme pizzas can often be delivered, whereas supreme beings don't deliver. In fact, supreme pizzas are better for your wallet: You only have to tip if you feel like it, and even then, no more than 20% of the bill. As for supreme beings, well, those fucktards demand 10% of whatever you got. You got 10 grand, they need a thou. You got ten jars of peanut butter, they need one. And what do supreme beings do with your money or you peanut butter? Who the fuck knows, and if they're so fucking supreme, why the fuck do they need money or peanut butter?
    I mean, it's like,
    "Hey, I'm the supreme being, you got ten bucks I can borrow so I can go to the movies?"
    "WHAT THE FUCK? Can't you just sneak in?"
    "Uh, well, now, no, er, how about if I just fry your brains and send you to hell?"
    "how 'bout if you do? I say go fuck yourself"
    "Well tell you what. I'll be back in two thousand years (or more, ya never know), and until then, well, I'll just fuck with ya'll because ya'll are gonna waste so much time wondering
    FUCK OFF
    "............."

So much for the supreme being. Get a pizza. You can fill up on it, and then shit it out in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Tahoe, you better sober up before you digest that first post on a supreme being. In fact, have a supreme pizza, you'll get better results, and supreme pizzas can often be delivered, whereas supreme beings don't deliver. In fact, supreme pizzas are better for your wallet: You only have to tip if you feel like it, and even then, no more than 20% of the bill. As for supreme beings, well, those fucktards demand 10% of whatever you got. You got 10 grand, they need a thou. You got ten jars of peanut butter, they need one. And what do supreme beings do with your money or you peanut butter? Who the fuck knows, and if they're so fucking supreme, why the fuck do they need money or peanut butter?
    I mean, it's like,
    "Hey, I'm the supreme being, you got ten bucks I can borrow so I can go to the movies?"
    "WHAT THE FUCK? Can't you just sneak in?"
    "Uh, well, now, no, er, how about if I just fry your brains and send you to hell?"
    "how 'bout if you do? I say go fuck yourself"
    "Well tell you what. I'll be back in two thousand years (or more, ya never know), and until then, well, I'll just fuck with ya'll because ya'll are gonna waste so much time wondering
    FUCK OFF
    "............."

So much for the supreme being. Get a pizza. You can fill up on it, and then shit it out in the morning.
    LMAO...From what I can tell, from my drunken state, this is Golden...or renoir'ish.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Organised religion is bullshit but surely there must be a supreme being, otherwise all these planets and rocks and stars floating in space would collide on a regular basis?

I do believe that some force "designed" shit.

I don't believe I need to go to a man made building and listen to some dude read from a book a bunch of old Roman dudes put together to unite their troubled empire and line their own pockets.

If I wanna "experience" the "Supreme Being" I can travel via car for an hour and visit the Daintree Rainforest. Or travel via boat for an hour and swim around The Great Barrier Reef.

Those things don't happen by chance - we are not accidents. If you believe we are then you need to do some research on "God", "Supreme Being" or whatever you wanna call it.

The oldest cultures in the world being in a "Supreme Being" and I believe they were not aas fucking arrogant as we are - and all of them can't be wrong...

Right?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I also believe in science and logic. I agree with this statement, "I don't believe I need to go to a man made building and listen to some dude read from a book a bunch of old Roman dudes put together to unite their troubled empire and line their own pockets." I do think church and religion are positive things though that can help people get through tough times or just be a positive influence in general. Extreme thoughts in religion seem to be a problem. For me the idea of giving up meat for lent with the belief that God will respect this is just proposterous. I act on my own morals, I do nothing because the bible says so or the church pastor says so. I could not imagine the mindset these suicide bombers have in the middle east or on sept 11th.

I guess we will all see the day we die or maybe it will be eternal darkness. I dont like the feeling of mortality, it scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by gusman
    I also believe in science and logic. I agree with this statement, "I don't believe I need to go to a man made building and listen to some dude read from a book a bunch of old Roman dudes put together to unite their troubled empire and line their own pockets." I do think church and religion are positive things though that can help people get through tough times or just be a positive influence in general. Extreme thoughts in religion seem to be a problem. For me the idea of giving up meat for lent with the belief that God will respect this is just proposterous. I act on my own morals, I do nothing because the bible says so or the church pastor says so. I could not imagine the mindset these suicide bombers have in the middle east or on sept 11th.

I guess we will all see the day we die or maybe it will be eternal darkness. I dont like the feeling of mortality, it scares me.
    And thus, our "hedging my bets" belief in something greater. I'm reminded of DesCartes and his "There is a god because I think there is" argument. Also, the bible (which has all kinds of inherent circular arguments built in) has this curious statement: (Paraphrase): God has set eternity in the hearts and minds of man. Meaning, it is because of god that we think there is a god and can conceive of a future (and supposedly animals can't). Those are two great statements. There's no way to counter them (not that you need to. I mean, really, a person could do a lot worse than to believe he needs to be a good boy so he'll go to heaven).

But of course the problem comes in when people cordon off their beliefs, join groups, go to those buildings, and really convince themselves that their way is the best way, that their god outranks all the others, that their "prophet" is the coolest, and that their interpretation of the Bed Time stories and mythology is the only right one. It isn't a stretch to go from their to lopping off the heads of those who you consider to be infidels spreading fals ideologies to the detriment of the rest of the world.

From almost Day One of any type of civilization, the "leaders" or "rulers" of any particular culture have linked themselves to some sort of deity. Why? Because who better to have put you in charge than some one people can't see, but who can make it rain, get cold, cause famine, etc etc. It's control. Even the "God Bless America" USA. Shit, all the Jews did is follow up all other creation myths, link their lineage to some sort of "god" (and one not terribly opposed to blowing everything up every oncet in awhile)--and for some reason (COUGH**LOBBYISTS AND OIL***COUGH)--we are forever, and probably fatally, linked to their mythology.
    And is it me, or does god seem to make the most sense to the least intelligent or most fucked up, and seem more likely to get the least intelligent or most fucked up to act? I mean, why the hell won't Osama Bin Laden strap a bomb to his nuts and run into a shopping mall?

I think it's all lost with this "heaven" thing. What any "god" should accomplish is summed up in the words of the prophet who said, "Love your brother as you would love yourself"--end of story. Fuck all the rest. Of course, I have two brothers and I like one of them but hate the other.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Buddhists say that a Buddha is a Supreme Being, which is to say a being more perfect than any being that lives anywhere in the universe. So there is such a thing as a Supreme Being, but not at the moment.

The universe was not designed or created by any being, it just operates according to natural laws. The Buddha described 31 realms of existence that a being can be born in. They may be more enjoyable to live in, but they are still full of unhappy, sick, dying, and poor beings. The basic facts of life are that stress is pervasive in all life, that everything is impermanent, and that everything is fundamentally insubstantial. These facts apply to all beings, from the Great Brahma down to the dust mite. Basically, if there was such a thing as God, it wouldn't matter. God has nothing to do with freeing yourself from stress.

There is no entity that controls the universe. There's no entity that even controls itself. Buddhists believe that not only is there no almighty God, there isn't any such thing as a soul either.

DXP: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/a...theravada.html

I hope I never meet any of you in person. If nobody here believes in a higher being/afterlife, etc...then why bother doing anything good in this world?

If I were all of you I'd say fuck it and do whatever I want (as long as I didn't get caught). God/Karma won't catch up to me.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread