+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Being

Blog Entries
    Very calmly put.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    No supreme being. No afterlife. No nothing. Worm food.

Just 70.3 years on this big rock doing the best we can.
    That about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    No supreme being. No afterlife. No nothing. Worm food.

Just 70.3 years on this big rock doing the best we can.
    I don't see a lot of evidence that contradicts any of that.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Obama.
    Pretty much goes without saying with y'all.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Faith is the choice of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Faith is the choice of ignorance.
    Better words have never been spoken in that case.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport
    I firmly believe that there is more than what we can see, taste or touch. I fully believe that there is a higher power. Is it a supreme being? Well, I definitely don't believe in an old white dude wearing a white robe and sitting on some thrown looking down at humanity. After that I don't know. Is it God, Allah or Brahma? I believe that the search for the answer to this question is a lifetime project for me. On the intellectual side of it I've read quite a bit of Judeo-Christian texts, studied a lot of Hinduism in college and later have delved into Taoism and other eastern thoughts. I would love to delve into Buddhism but don't know where to start (feel free to suggest anything Swami).

And as religion cannot all be intellect I'll just say that not all my beliefs are merely based on my intellectual assumptions. Don't get me wrong, I've had no out of body experiences or religious epiphanies. But I do believe that there have been moments in my life that have been spiritual and not something to just be quantified and qualified.
    I knew bukdow was a double account.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport
    I firmly believe that there is more than what we can see, taste or touch. I fully believe that there is a higher power. Is it a supreme being? Well, I definitely don't believe in an old white dude wearing a white robe and sitting on some thrown looking down at humanity. After that I don't know. Is it God, Allah or Brahma? I believe that the search for the answer to this question is a lifetime project for me. On the intellectual side of it I've read quite a bit of Judeo-Christian texts, studied a lot of Hinduism in college and later have delved into Taoism and other eastern thoughts. I would love to delve into Buddhism but don't know where to start (feel free to suggest anything Swami).

And as religion cannot all be intellect I'll just say that not all my beliefs are merely based on my intellectual assumptions. Don't get me wrong, I've had no out of body experiences or religious epiphanies. But I do believe that there have been moments in my life that have been spiritual and not something to just be quantified and qualified.
    Holy shit asking Swami for spiritual guidance. We're doomed
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'm gonna think about this one for a bit. Needless to say, religion is the worst thing that has ever happened to humanity, but it is also the smartest invention by humanity. Any god that we can conceive of falls so far short of any god that might exist that to even try is to fail. Religion is the single most destructive force to humanity, yet somehow, oddly, it could be the thing that saves us. But to think that religion could save us is to sink way too much hope in humanity, and sink too much hope in beings that needed religion in the first place.

If there is a supreme being, it is long gone from this planet, having moved on long ago to other rocks to populate with beings that will fuck them up. God certainly doesn't plan our lives, certainly has no fucking idea how many hairs are on our heads, and to think that "he" or "they" created "us" in "their" image is nothing more than human ego at work. We are ALL accidents; none of us should have ever been born, and the fact that we've made it this far is nothing short of, well, an accident, ssing how many sperm have been wasted to just get this many of us along the way. Any more thought put into it other than trying to be funny about it is wasted energy. But that doesn't mean I believe there ISN'T a god, just that he has a hell of alot more to do than worry about whether I give 10% of what I make to some lying motherfucker that is trying to convince me that if I do, god will love me all the more.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread