+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TRADE: Kapono to Sixers, Reggie Evans to Toronto

Any chance Joe has already talked to Colangelo about the Bosh trade and this was a precurser? Not that Evans will replace Bosh in any way, but they know they're getting a guy that's going to eat up most of the SF minutes and Kapono is already defensively limited enough at SF, let alone trying to play him and his lack of speed/quickness at SG. Move him for some frontcourt help and then move one of their other crappy contracts like Banks, since no one wants him for that price, to us in the Bosh trade instead of just moving Kapono to us when he actually has a bit of value in the league
    _

I doubt it. Toronto could just as easily do this trade after moving Bosh. rebounding PF's are easy to find.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Unless you have Max, Amir, and Sheed on your roster.
    STEW BEEF!

Sheed will be renounced immediately. Can't sign anyone with his cap hit. If Max or Amir is enough to scare away a FA then we don't want them here anyway.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I think the point was, if rebounding PFs were so easy to find, then why didn't we have any?

Maybe besides Dice.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, I was saying we have a lot of PFs that don't rebound.
    STEW BEEF!

I don't think them dealing Kapono has made a Bosh deal more or less likely.

I still believe they will hold on to Bosh until they have a better indication of their future without him, meaning that they won't deal him until they know what they have after free agency, drafting and the development of Jose and Barg.

If they think they can make a playoff push and that the future is bright they'll probably hang on to Bosh for the season, hoping that in a worst case scenario they can do a sign and trade with him.

If the shit hits the fan early I expect a deal at the deadline for expirings and youth/picks as they look to rebuild around Jose and Barg.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread