+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: June 9 MLB draft

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Did you go to school with him or know him at all Gl'enn? At last check Curt was still the pitching coach with the Oakland A's.
    Naw, I went to McArthur/Heritage.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    and he's about 12 years older than I am
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    6pm on the MLB network btw
    So its done already?
    Players meeting my ASS!

^ manana tonto culo
    Players meeting my ASS!

chris getz, now the everyday 2nd baseman for the chisox, was a grade below me in school. when he transferred to michigan he was at my house a few times (friends with a roommate, not really me).

i still remember i was caddying at the CC when personel for the A's took him out for a round of golf, a group in front of mine. kind of an emo moment for me.

anyway, pretty decent guy. cant say im not jealous, but i never exactly was a "prospect" in baseball anyways.

----------------------------------------------

i completely agree with the dombroski method of just drafting flame throwing pitchers all the way down the draft. but getting a stud position player every now and then would be way more fun. i love reading about some hot shot horse pounding the minors.

Scott Boras is possibly expected to ask for a $50 million signing bonus for expected #1 pick Stephen Strassburg from SDSU. Imagine a right handed Randy Johnson that throws like Zumaya with more control and a sicker breaking ball. His negotiaton should get its own reality show because Scott Boras is a super clown!!!

Can he fall to number nine? lol

Don 't think Illie wants to spend that much. lol

Boras has a very good relationship with the Tigers... just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I'm betting if the top prospect dropped to him he'd pay the money. He did that with Andrew Miller (he may have been the 2nd best prospect, but he dropped a ways).

I wish we could get Willis and Nate off the books (or Willis would bounce back for good). If they weren't on the payroll it would make a huge difference.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread