+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DET and OKC/CHI

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Yes. Do you think that's a bad idea? I think he has the foot speed to guard it and be an effective defender there. He also complements Hedo (Wallace is more of a slasher).

I think he had to play SF because they were running two PG's when JRich was traded. I'm betting Wallace guards Kobe, Wade, etc though and Jrich did not.
    He was playing PF before they got Diaw. Not sure Chris, when I've seen Wallace he's been under the hoop, but he does have good foot speed, he can shoot 3s, he's be a bull there.....I think it's a bad idea but it may just be an unconventional one.

I'm not going to criticize it right off the bat, I'll just suggest it may not be possible.

Fair enough. I haven't seen enough to know myself. If Joe did think he could guard SG's I think it works. If not, like I said Gordon instead of Hedo might be better.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gordon and not Hedo is always better.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

He'd be great as a SF but I don't see him ever making the move to full time SG. He could possibly play a few minutes there but not the bulk of them. Wallace doesn't have the best handle and he's not a great 3pt shooter, but he's a stud on defense and an athletic freak. He'd be like Tayshaun, only he can bull around the bigger wings that Tay has trouble with. He averages 2 steals and a block a game.

Chris, I'd make that deal in a heartbeat. They'd be idiots to make it, I think. Yes, they shed some cap space and Larry gets his guy, but they're giving up a solid young C and a ridiculously talented forward. I'm not too high on Vlad, does he even TRY to play defense? I suppose he brings us a 3pt gunner though, plus he takes some salary off their books.
    _

Well, Wallace would only have to be able to guard SG's. Hedo would bring 3 point shooting and ball handling. I'm thinking he can't guard SG's full time, which would lend itself to Gordon instead of Hedo after that trade.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

That could be great or a disaster.

Stuckey is a slasher that works with the ball in his hands.

Gordon is a slasher that works with the ball in his hands.

Wallace is a slasher that works with the ball in his hands. Not all the time, but he does like to attack the basket.
    _

^he gets to the line alot too and is a pretty decent ft shooter. I'd take Gerald Wallace, but maybe not as the 2 guard. If im not mistaken, he did play a little bit of 4 too?

I once stated that I thought we should trade for Gerald Wallace. There was quite a debate about his skill, injuries and situation in Charlotte.

Good to see the mention of acquiring him doesn't cause such a stir anymore.

I believe he's still a Joe type of guy.

He could be in the mix as a starting SF or a 6th Man role if Charlotte just want cap relief. What does he make per season?

More than a 6th man role...
    _

Not if we've still got Tay and Rip.

And if we're dealing one of them we shouldn't be doing it to get Gerald Wallace.

+ Reply to Thread