+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DET and OKC/CHI

Z - the weird thing about first round picks:

Once drafted the guy counts as his salary slot like Chris said.

But you can go over the cap to sign him.

So all our second round picks = ZERO. (Though if we don't have 12 players we'd have minimum wage cap holds - it's all rather complicated)

Anyway - we'd be able to spend our #18 million space, make trades where we take back more salary than we deal out (but within the 25% range) and THEN go over the cap to sign our second round picks and give #15 the usual raise (it used to be 10% - not sure anymore)

Basically we could end up being well over the salary cap after all is said and done - depending on what moves we make.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Okay my stab at it and this should be at least feasible:

1. Amir Johnson (3.66), our first second rounder for David West (9 mill). - 5.4 mill - If they would take Maxiell, that would be great, but I doubt it. If they still say no, maybe even do it without Amir and they save 18 mill in lux tax.

2. Okafor (10.5 mill), Radmanovic (6.45 exp 2011) for Sheed (8mill S&T) 2 year deal. Larry B will like this and the net is - 9 mill

3. I will leave trade number 3 to your ideas but Radmanovic (6.45), 3.5 mill in cap space and/or Rip/Tayshaun could net us anything from a star to a complementary piece.

Okafor, West, Prince, Rip, and Stuckey with Bynum, Afflalo, Radmanovic, Maxiell, Kwame, and #15 on the bench and a starting frontcourt locked in long term.

Attempting to Poke Holes Through It:

The Sheed trade has to happen first, because you didn't renounce him to get the cap space to take back West's contract.

Charlotte get Sheed? Sure, why not. It likely makes them a playoff team if Sheed comes to play for 41 games each season and with LB around Sheed might be willing to do what's needed.

I like the fact we get Okafor - he might be overpaid but we really someone like him on this team. Getting Radmanovic probably makes Joe smile, since Radman can nail a 3 or 2 up front and help space the floor.

New Orleans get Amir? Why do they accept that trade? Yeah, they have money issues but you don't take any shit contracts back, you don't throw in a pick - basically you rape them of an All-Star calibre big man.

If it worked that's a fine team and I'd probably keep both Rip and Tay on board and see how we went.

At #15 I'd probably Draft Austin Daye and hope he developed into a quality SF. If you ended up with that bench he could be brought along slowly (10-15 mins per) in the first half of the season.

Attempting to Poke Holes Through It:

The Sheed trade has to happen first, because you didn't renounce him to get the cap space to take back West's contract.

Charlotte get Sheed? Sure, why not. It likely makes them a playoff team if Sheed comes to play for 41 games each season and with LB around Sheed might be willing to do what's needed.

I like the fact we get Okafor - he might be overpaid but we really someone like him on this team. Getting Radmanovic probably makes Joe smile, since Radman can nail a 3 or 2 up front and help space the floor.

New Orleans get Amir? Why do they accept that trade? Yeah, they have money issues but you don't take any shit contracts back, you don't throw in a pick - basically you rape them of an All-Star calibre big man.

If it worked that's a fine team and I'd probably keep both Rip and Tay on board and see how we went.

At #15 I'd probably Draft Austin Daye and hope he developed into a quality SF. If you ended up with that bench he could be brought along slowly (10-15 mins per) in the first half of the season.

Pharoah,
    That's the good thing about the trades. Its not like we couldn't throw in our first, or a couple seconds, or switch Amir for Kwame even throw in Tay or Rip to New Orleans. I just think that when it comes time to pay the tax, New Orleans would probably just rather we didn't give them anyone. They definitely won't be able to move Chandler, and honestly no one is going to take Peja. Unless they are parting with Paul, West is the only big ticket they can move.

ok, using some of the ideas in BFF's plan...I'll try and tweak that:

Step #1 -
    Renounce AI and Herrmann, probably Dice too (depends on what he wants to do).

Step #2 -
    S&T Sheed + Tay for Okafor + Wallace + Vlad (net cap space -6.5)

Step #3 -
    Sign Hedo for 4 yrs (net cap space -8 or 9 mil)

Step #4 -
    Max + 2nd rounders for David West (net cap space -4.5 mil)

Step #5 -
    RIP for Etan Thomas + Mike James + #5

Draft:
    #5 Curry or Flynn
    #15 Clark or Johnson

Rotation:
    PG Stuckey/#5
    SG Wallace/Stuckey
    SF Hedo/#15
    PF West/Vlad
    C Okafor/Kwame

depth:
    AA
    Thomas
    James
    Amir
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

To be clear, you have Gerald Wallace playing the 2 guard.

Yes. Do you think that's a bad idea? I think he has the foot speed to guard it and be an effective defender there. He also complements Hedo (Wallace is more of a slasher).

I think he had to play SF because they were running two PG's when JRich was traded. I'm betting Wallace guards Kobe, Wade, etc though and Jrich did not.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 06-17-2009 at 02:14 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

If you think he can't you could simply sign Gordon instead of Hedo and keep Wallace at SF.

+ Reply to Thread