+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DET and OKC/CHI

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    That doesn't really look like that good of a lineup to me.
    Who has a better top 9 than:

Bosh
    Gordon
    Stuckey
    Lee
    Kapono
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Dice
    Bynum
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I still doubt the numbers make it work.

No offense, but your way isn't legit.

If you start with $18 mil and trade #15 then you have $20 mil to spend.

Spend it how you see fit.

That's how it works.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Bosh 15.8 mil
    Gordon 10
    Stuckey 1.8
    Lee 9
    Kapono 6.2
    Ariza 5.8
    Anderson 5.8
    Dice
    Bynum 0.8
    AA 1
    Sharpe 0.7

That's 57 mil before Dice. So I don't see how the numbers don't work. Obviously Kapono is out with his trade. Maybe we do RIP/Tay for Bosh/Banks without #15 now and use #15 for a wing? Banks only makes 4 mil, so you have extra money for #15.

I think it's a bad idea to use these cap numbers out there when you don't know how they arrived at them. Some say 18 mil, some say 20 mil, some count Brown, some don't. It's much better to add up the salaries on your own to see.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Is the cap gonna be $57 mil?

Like you said it really doesn't matter now, though - Kapono is out of Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Who has a better top 9 than:

Bosh
    Gordon
    Stuckey
    Lee
    Kapono
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Dice
    Bynum
    I don't know, you've got essentially 7-8 really good backups and Bosh here. A lot of teams have better than that. Also, "top nine"? That's an odd set.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I don't know, you've got essentially 7-8 really good backups and Bosh here. A lot of teams have better than that. Also, "top nine"? That's an odd set.
    I consider Gordon a solid #2 guy. Stuckey is a solid #3 guy. Lee is a great #4 guy. I'm a little concerned about bench scoring (the rest are mostly role players), but I don't see 7-8 backups. I see good 1-4 options and 5-9 are backups.

What team has 5 legit options anyway? The Lakers are probably the deepest team, and Ariza is their #5 option to start as well.

You have Gordon coming off the bench behind Kapono.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFChris
    PG Stuckey/Bynum
    SG Kapono/Gordon
    SF Ariza/Kapono
    PF Bosh/Dice
    C Lee/Anderson
    That starting core get's destroyed defensively. Anderson helps down low but the bench get's killed at the arc. You've spent all the money and I have a hard time seeing how this isn't the Detroit version of the Raptors (better, playoffs for sure, but nowhere near a championship team).
    Last edited by Fool; 06-11-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    STEW BEEF!

Fool, can you poke holes in my team (Research/Question thread)?

It's similar (Chris copied my ideas) but I believe it's significantly different.

Blog Entries
    I wanna talk about Zekyl.
    Find a new slant.

I haven't had time lately, give me a chance to go back and look at things and I'll finish up my idea later today.

Wouldn't Rip, Tay, Max, #15 for Bosh, Kapono not work (not that it matters now)? The Raps don't have cap space and the incoming salaries would have been a solid 5 million higher than outgoing for them.
    _

+ Reply to Thread