+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DET and OKC/CHI

If you could get Lee instead of Birdman, I think that's about the only way you could improve that team P.

I like Birdman, but I think he's better as a 25 MPG player. Lee can give you 30 minutes of solid play.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't see any way to add Lee instead of Birdman, Chris.

I suppose I could have traded Kwame to NY and done a sign and trade (Kwame + what I gave Birdman = Lee's salary) but then who is my bench C?

I think with what I have I have enough to do well at that spot with Birdman, Bosh and Brown (BBB - Mason would love it!!!)

Besides, you can't create the perfect team in 1 off-season. You add the pieces you can at the time and as long as you don't overpay for your role players you'll be OK.

I haven;t named my Drfat picks - maybe I drafted Mullens at #15? I guess I could do the Lee for Kwame S&T and have Mullens be the bench C...

Nah - too "perfect".

Anyway, we really shouldn't be discussing that team in this thread.

This is Z's place to play. I wanna see him complete it.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Not sure I'd want Lee over Anderson. You have a shit ton of scorers already with Stuck, Gordon, and Bosh, I'd rather have the defensive intimidation.

Just not a fan of starting Ariza though....just not a fan. Nothing personal, just he'd be the 28th or so best starting 3 in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Not sure I'd want Lee over Anderson. You have a shit ton of scorers already with Stuck, Gordon, and Bosh, I'd rather have the defensive intimidation.
    Why can't you have both? Anderson would be a FA signing so he costs you nothing.

I can't remember what P traded exactly. Can you repost your exact trades (they may have been in another thread)?

We might be able to get Lee for Amir and some second rounders (if they really want to save money).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'll try and piece it together (with my Lee idea added)...

RIP (11.4 mil), Tay (10.3 mil), Max (5 mil) for Bosh (15.8 mil), Kapono (6.2 mil)

That gives us another 4.7 mil in space. (#15 can be included if need be)

Kwame, Amir and second rounders for Lee (S&T for 10 mil).

That adds 4.1 mil in salary, which brings us to a net gain of 0.6 mil in space.

Sign Gordon at 10 mil

Sign Ariza at 6 mil

Sign Anderson at 6 mil

That takes us to 55 mil in total salary. That leaves 4 mil to bring back Dice for a year or two. All picks are gone in Bosh and Lee trades.

As I mentioned I'd bring Gordon off the bench for instant offense (he'd still get his 33 MPG).

PG Stuckey/Bynum
    SG Kapono/Gordon
    SF Ariza/Kapono
    PF Bosh/Dice
    C Lee/Anderson

Hermy - my deals are posted in my Research/Question thread. I would appreciate it if you poked holes through those deals and signings.

And I had Ariza signed as a free agent for $5 mil.

If you can find a better starting SF at that price or less then please let me know. I thought of Childress and Ariza and thought Ariza was the better of the 2.

OK, here comes the Fingerpoke of Doom!

RIP (11.4 mil), Tay (10.3 mil), Max (5 mil) for Bosh (15.8 mil), Kapono (6.2 mil)

That gives us another 4.7 mil in space. (#15 can be included if need be)
    Why do they take Maxiell? IMO they'll wanna dump shitty contracts in a Bosh deal, not take one back. But I'll cut you some slack...

Kwame, Amir and second rounders for Lee (S&T for 10 mil).

That adds 4.1 mil in salary, which brings us to a net gain of 0.6 mil in space.
    Lee gets a starting salary of $10 mil? That's, like, WOW! And since Kwame and Amir = more than $7 mil in salary you actually only spend an extra $3 mil in space...

So you still have our $18 mil, plus $1.7 mil left from the Bosh deal

Sign Gordon at 10 mil

Sign Ariza at 6 mil

Sign Anderson at 6 mil
    You run out of cash before signing Anderson.

We start with $18 mil (or $20 mil if you traded #15)

You then scored an extra $4.7 mil from Toronto. We got 22.7 mil (24.7 mil)

You then took back an extra $3 mil in the Lee deal. 19.7 mil (21.7)

You then sign Gordon ($10 mil! WOW!) Ariza (6) and Anderson (6)

You are over by $300,000 at a minimum.

Or did I fuck up somewhere?

You could start Birdman at $5.5 mil and it works though.

PG Stuckey/Bynum
    SG Kapono/Gordon
    SF Ariza/Kapono
    PF Bosh/Dice
    C Lee/Anderson

No picks and no players making more than the minimum past that 10 though. No extra big in case shit happens, no extra guard NOTHING!

I didn't start with our "cap space" figure because I think that is taking draft picks into account as well (which I traded away). It's more accurate to take our total salary, subtract the outgoings and add the in comings. When I did that we had enough space. I'm not saying I would sign each of those guys for that amount, but I was leaving a cushion in there so the plan had some room in case it did take a little more for a guy.

Pharoah, if the Pistons trot out that lineup, and lose because of injuries I am fine with it. After the Boston trade that netted them the big 3 everyone said they had no depth. Depth will come via veteran free agents or diamonds in the rough (bynum).
    Destiny

That doesn't really look like that good of a lineup to me.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread