+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: DET and OKC/CHI

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    That could be great or a disaster.

Stuckey is a slasher that works with the ball in his hands.

Gordon is a slasher that works with the ball in his hands.

Wallace is a slasher that works with the ball in his hands. Not all the time, but he does like to attack the basket.
    Defintely some truth to this... there needs to be a balance of scoring and facilitating... or you start to resemble the Clippers.
    There should be a premium on IQ and recognizing game situations... players that plow to the rim with their head down often make poor decisions and encourage a selfish environment (team mates start thinking I better jack it up cause I might not see the ball for another 10 minutes).
    Stat whores need not apply.

But Gordon has 3 point range and can work off the ball to some extent.

Wallace also can hit jumpers at a reasonable rate.

We're not talking about Jerry Stackhouse kind of guys who can't consistently hit an 18 foot J or drive to the hoop without dribbling the ball off their feet.

Gordon and Wallace are better than that.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh

We're not talking about Jerry Stackhouse kind of guys who can't consistently hit an 18 foot J or drive to the hoop without dribbling the ball off their feet.
    Oh my god P I think you just gave me an acid flashback. I forgot how much I used to hate when that happened. And then happened. And then happened 2 more times each game. At least he gave us 52 wins, 50 against the Bulls, and Rip of course. And I talked to him during a timeout a home game... in between his free throws nonetheless. I liked him.

Well, at one point in time he was my favourite player.

Dude just didn;t improve or add anything to his game after a certain period of time.

Lack of work ethic? Happy with his spot? Who knows?

I think he was just upset about the ugly uniform he had to wear.
    _

Obviously I remember he was your favorite player, he was your namesake. In all facets he delivered for us really. Scored, made FTs, played with more intensity than Hill has ever shown, and wanted to play for us. He was a Piston, regardless of his propensity for TOs. Actually given the Piston era he was replacing (I call the Rothstein since he just summed up the whole thing), having a lot of TO's seems appropriate.

I could never hate him.

In most games you can see the effort he's giving, trying to get such a bad team to a "W".

That was what I liked about him from the word go - his effort. In games he would just try his guts out to make the play or the shot or somehow, anyhow get us a win.

I never understood why that didn't apply in the off-season.

Maybe he hated practice?

He left me with good memories though - The Bulls scoring frenzy, the punch to Laettner, the dissing of Grant Hill in a SLAM magazine I own where he says "he's never won anything either so why do I have to listen to him?"...

(that was after Hill had been signed and traded)

Plus he got us Rip lol - and I actually proposed a Rip/Stack deal on RGM. It was the first deal I was "right" about

I could go on and on but won't

+ Reply to Thread