Trade Tay/#15 to OKC for Green

Trade Amir to CHI for Hinrich

We're left with:
    Hinrich
    Stuckey
    Green
    ??
    ??

Rip and Kwame's potential expiring deal as our big trading pieces. What do we do with them?

Idea 2 - Even less likely

Trade Rip/#15 to OKC for Green

Afflalo/2nd to CHI for Hinrich

Prince/Amir/2nd/Future 1st to TOR for Bosh/Filler of their choice
    Filler = Kapono 2yr/$12.8mil, Banks 2yr/$9mil, or Humphries 2yr/$6.4mil
    Humphries could replace Amir as PF depth, Kapono could help fill the backup SF spot, Banks wouldn't really do much for us but I'd take him if it got us Bosh

Leaves us with:
    Hinrich
    Stuckey
    Green
    Bosh
    Kwame (if he opts in)

We'd still have some room to go after a C and some bench depth because we lost cap space getting Hinrich but we gained it all back in the Rip trade.

Thoughts on what we could do to finish off either of these? Can we get a guy like Haywood or Chandler for a 2nd? Do we have the pieces to pry away Biedrins?
    _

Tell me again why we trade Tay and #15 for Green?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Build with youth. We won't be back in the conference finals right away, but in a couple years we could be contenders again. This is more of a total rebuild idea. Stuckey is our one young piece that Joe seems to want to build around. Trading Tay for Green gives us another young up-and-coming piece to build around.

Just throwing things around for fun really. The likelihood of any of these trades happening, let alone all of them, is slim to none.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Kupchack
    We'll take Tayshaun for that shitbag Adam Morrison and our 2nd round pick

Blog Entries
    Part of me thinks that Tay might be a candidate for a trade because Joe might feel that he's got a lot of miles on him and he might be ready to start breaking down.

That's just speculation on my part.

I think the trade target is clearly on Rip. Partially because of his post-Chauncey, post-benching attitude, partially because of his contract and partially to make more room for Stuckey to play the 2.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Build with youth. We won't be back in the conference finals right away, but in a couple years we could be contenders again. This is more of a total rebuild idea. Stuckey is our one young piece that Joe seems to want to build around. Trading Tay for Green gives us another young up-and-coming piece to build around.

Just throwing things around for fun really. The likelihood of any of these trades happening, let alone all of them, is slim to none.
    I just see that as overpaying. I don't have a problem with getting a younger SF (Outlaw, Green, Williams), but Tay and a pick might fetch us a solid post player.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

You're trading our best assets to acquire a PG (Hinrich) and a SF (Green)?

What about the frontcourt?

FWIW I would be inclined to trade both Rip and Prince for reasons many have mentioned. Neither is great at creating their own shot. Neither is a great 3 point shooter. And both have a lot of miles on those tyres.

I'd prefer we trade them for bigs, or trade 1 of them for a big where we take back salary (Bosh/Amare/David West) but it doesn't have to be that way.

I don't think too many people are gonna like your idea Z, but maybe if you finish it off and show who you could add to help us up front people might come around.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Zekyl, the way I look at it, if there was a top level big that anyone would trade us for the expirings, they would much rather do it now while they can just lose the cap number now entirely and not take back anything. Gotta agree with Pharoah that we have to start big and fill in the pieces.

P, I do agree with you. I was just hoping that this could start something and someone could take what I did and work it to bring us some big men.

In the first idea, we have more cap space than we started with and could still move Rip or Kwame for a big man. Rip if they wanted to get talent back, Kwame's expiring if they just wanted to dump salary.

In the 2nd, we get Bosh in the deal and we'd still have cap room to go after a C via trade or FA.

Its a start, but nothing substantial or special.
    _

Well finish it dude.

In deal 1 we have more cap space than we did before the trade - so use it. You know the usual suspects (Millsap, Boozer, Hedo, Gordon, Ariza, Birdman). Take a look at the free agent thread and find some depth guys or other dudes you wouldn't mind seeing in the Red, White and Blue.

In deal 2 you now have your big (Bosh) so go use your space on other players and round out that unit.

It's not like anyone else on this site is a genius. Take my Birdman, Bosh, Ariza, Gordon, Stuckey plan that Atti and Chris approved.

I dealt both Tay and Rip in the one package (which I said no one had thought of)! BAMM! I'm a genius, right?

Wrong, cause I did it to get Bosh - every single one of us wanna get Bosh in a deal. I just posted one that people haven't poked a million holes through yet (the regular "they wouldn't accept that" is out cause I gave them Rip AND Tay!)

Next I followed Glenn's advice and signed Ariza. A lot of dudes are probably thinking we should sign him. Glenn is just the guy I remember who mentioned it earlier than most (can't say he was first cause I don't know for sure)

Then I decided to sign Gordon - again, a player we have discussed a lot over the past month.

There is no genius involved Z. It's a combination of this guy's idea with that guy's theory added to my "way" of building "my" kind of team.

I think that Birdman, Bosh, Ariza, Gordon, Stuckey team is about as close as I will ever come to putting together my kind of team on paper. Every time it comes up in discussion I find it difficult to explain why I would have "my" team the way I'd have it but now you guys can see what type/kind of team I would build if I was a GM.

If it's a contender or not is up for debate - but that is always how I would have my team. It's not as hard-nosed as I'd like it to be (bench would need another enforcer unless AA is gonna do it) but it's close.

So finish your idea off Z. Crunch the numbers and work out how much you have to spend.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread