Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: 2009 NBA Finals, Magic vs. Lakers

Blog Entries

OST: 2009 NBA Finals, Magic vs. Lakers

Lakers in 3.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Check back in 3 weeks for the correct answer to this poll question.
    Find a new slant.

I say Lakers in 7.

Lots of matchup issues (like last round) for ORL on offense. If Bynum was healthy I might say Lakers in 6, but he won't be able to guard Howard much. Gasol will have trouble with him. I doubt he rebounds like he did against Denver. Ariza should get posted up a lot by Turk. I expect to see Walton a lot (as much as he can play before fouling out) with Odom as well to guard Lewis/Turk.

LA on offense doesn't provide a lot of matchup issues. Kobe should be easier to contain than Lebron was. gasol is a better offensive player than any big men on the Cavs, but Howard should be up to the task (as long as he doesn't get in foul trouble helping on Kobe or Ariza cutting to the basket).

I think Orlando has a legit shot at this because of the matchups, but I expect Kobe's closing ability and their depth to win out eventually.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Not worried. The Lakers aren't that good.
    STEW BEEF!

If Bynum was to get healthy, I'd say the Lakers win in 4. Since he's not lakers in 5. Bynum, healthy or not will probably get guarded by D12, leaving Lewis on Gasol? I mean they could try playing a zone, but kobe fisher and ariza all got a decent 3point shot. It'll be interesting

Should be an interesting series and I think Orlando give them all they can handle.

It might even go the distance but in the end I think Kobe will do whatever it takes to win the thing and show the world he can do it without Shaq (but not without Fisher lol)
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

There'll be a game where Howard is a force of nature and a game where Orlando's gunners hit every shot... and four more where the better team wins. Lakers in six.

Anyone else still snickering that the Orlando Magic are in the Finals? Just think, if the Pistons could have miraculously made it to the 6th seed, the Magic wouldn't even have made it out of the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

pretty weird how we can easily beat the magic in a 7game series, but they can beat the cavs and we cant. cant wait for next year

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Anyone else still snickering that the Orlando Magic are in the Finals? Just think, if the Pistons could have miraculously made it to the 6th seed, the Magic wouldn't even have made it out of the first round.
    I had been thinking along those lines myself. It was probably less awful to get executed by cleveland than embarassed by the team that used to be our bitch.

+ Reply to Thread