+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Bad Boys got ripped for doing this...wonder if 'King' James will get a pass...?

i'm right there with you atticus. i admire the kid's athletic talents. he is the most gifted athlete i've ever seen, by far. he's got it all, physically.

BUT while he might not be a loudmouth like terrell owens, for example, he is every bit the self promotor TO is. he is super full of himself and has won nothing yet. NOTHING. an MVP? big deal. he's a phenomenal talent and has achieved some impressive feats at his age.

but he's not even a fraction as good as he thinks he is or as he is hyped to be. i will admire his athletic gifts but will forever root for him to fail....until he can humble himself and come back down to earth. he thinks he's god's gift to basketball and the planet in general. i don't like that attitude in anyone and when i see it in him, i can't help but hope he learns his lesson about humility and respect for the game.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Will LeBron form his own league?

If not now, when?

Fuck LeBitch.

he doesn't need to- he already owns the nba. stern, the refs, and all the media who cover the league are already his bitches.

just a shame for him they screwed up this year and forgot to make sure he won the title. THAT is why he was so upset- when you own the league, you expect to win the title. lebron was entitled to win it this year and he didn't, hence the frustration on his part. *roll eyes*

He really missed a golden opportunity. This was really a down year for so many teams. Obviously we had a down year. Boston lost KG. SA had their injury problems. Houston lost Yao and Tmac. The Lakers don't have Bynum healthy yet. Orlando lost Nelson (at least up until the finals).

On top of that you still have young teams like Portland that will improve.

and yet with all those stars aligned for them they could not get the job done. Regardless of start treatment, conspiracies, etc...this was really all set up for him to win it and he could not.

I doubt he won't be back in the finals, but will the path ever be easier than it was this year?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

yup they blew it.

put a 24 year old jordan on that team and they'd be 2 weeks away from polishing their trophy. jordan had the drive and determination to will his team to wins and take over right when his team needed it.

that is why i hate the comparisons to MJ. jordan was head and shoulders above lebron and anyone else in that regard.

Let's not overrate early MJ. He never had a winning season without Pippen. His early career was full of lights-out individual performances and awesome will to win, but he didn't have the team and teamwork to complement his abilities and drive.

A 34 year old Jordan would've won it all with the current Cavs team.

Lebron's first 6 seasons:
    Missed playoffs, Missed playoffs, 2nd round, finals, 2nd round, ECF

MJ's first 6 seasons:
    1st round, 1st round, 1st round, 2nd round, ECF, ECF

He won 6 titles in 8 years after that. He did get them in the playoffs 2 seasons before Pippen (they made it all 3 years, but he only played 18 games one year).

The thing you can say about MJ is that he/his team got better and better until they finally got over the hump (Detroit). Lebron hasn't had a dominant team in his way at all. MJ also didn't win 60 games a year until Phil came along, which highlights the point that Brown's bad coaching is a big factor.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

that's just it- if jordan had to go against today's nba with today's rules and he was 24, he would win it all with that cavs team IMO.

jordan faced a MUCH tougher road facing dynasties like the celtics, lakers, and pistons. lebron has no such team even close to that level this year. and IMO his supporting cast is more than adequate to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Lebron's first 6 seasons:
    Missed playoffs, Missed playoffs, 2nd round, finals, 2nd round, ECF

MJ's first 6 seasons:
    1st round, 1st round, 1st round, 2nd round, ECF, ECF

He won 6 titles in 8 years after that. He did get them in the playoffs 2 seasons before Pippen (they made it all 3 years, but he only played 18 games one year).

The thing you can say about MJ is that he/his team got better and better until they finally got over the hump (Detroit). Lebron hasn't had a dominant team in his way at all. MJ also didn't win 60 games a year until Phil came along, which highlights the point that Brown's bad coaching is a big factor.
    MJ's Bulls made it to the playoffs with losing records. At the time, there were only 11 teams in the Eastern Conference, and 8 of them went to the playoffs. They just expanded the playoff slots from 12 to 16, but hadn't grown the # of teams in the league to account for it. It was like hockey teams making it to the playoffs.

Hell, MJ's team made it to the playoffs with him injured most of the seasons with a 30-52 record.

I think what the guys are saying is that if you took MJ @ 24 years of age, put him on this Cav team in today's NBA you would be looking at a Championship Team!

In other words: Lebron ain't as good in today's "don't touch me I'm god" as MJ "I AM GOD" would be.

But fuck the comparisons, the mere mention of them brings Jordan down to Lebron's level.

The fact is Lebron was a bitch for walking off and not shaking hands. The league should fucking do something about it. If they don't any other player that they try to fine should appeal and win.

Case Closed.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread