+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bad Boys got ripped for doing this...wonder if 'King' James will get a pass...?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    He's 24 and what? Is that an excuse for him acting like a brat?

At age 24 Michael Jordan knew he needed to shut the fuck up and play the damn game. He didn't whine or moan about losing. He picked himself up, dusted himself off and came back the next season with a new weapon. Eventually he earned the respect of his peers but it wasn't handed to him.
    At that particular age, I'd argue that "his" new weapon was Pippen. He was just starting to have a worthwhile supporting cast, and was still a couple years away from learning to trust his teammates (that was the "MJ as PG" era). MJ had a big advantage with "respect of his peers" because of the playoff situation at the time. His losing teams still made the playoffs. He could drop 60-odd points against Bird and show the world that he was real when it mattered.

The Magic should be happy that The Chosen One has changed over the years

Blog Entries
    "Can I show you my puppet?"
    Find a new slant.

Do you guys think the Howard shot factored in or not?

I think he could have shook hands and not said a damn word. They do it in hockey after every series. The problem is that all those damn people go out on to the court (media people) and there would be no way to do an organized line like they do in hockey.

And even if you left in the heat of the moment, why can't you do your interview afterwards and say that? Take your lumps and answer the questions.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    They just announced no fine for LeBron for skipping the media session.

Shaq got a $10K fine when he did it.
    Find a new slant.

that's ridiculous but not surprising. the golden child of the nba can do no wrong. way to promote professionalism and good sportsmanship nba league office!

a guy like sheed does this and he'd be crucified in the media. lebron does it and he's a 'heroic competitor.'

no he's not. he's a sore loser. while you could say the same about the bad boys when they did it, there at least was a long HEATED rivalry and both teams had legit beef with each other- players 1 through 12. so while maybe it's not good sportsmanship you can understand it more.

lebron was being a bitch and couldn't take a loss like a man. watching his interview yesterday further showed that he's so used to being pampered that he doesn't even know what the definition of poor sportsmanship is. should've got that college education your majesty......

i hope he loses every year until he learns how to respect the game and those who paved the way for him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gamecen...060613_DAL@MIA

Riley didn't condone O'Neal's decision not to speak after Game 2, which also drew the Heat an NBA-imposed $25,000 penalty. "I think it's something he needs to do and live up to his obligations," Riley said.
    Bottom of this game recap says 25k.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    If I'm not mistaken, the Heat got hit for $25K and Shaq got $10K.

My memory ain't what it used to be, though.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-01-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    Find a new slant.

what's the justification for lebron not being fined? i'd love to hear....

+ Reply to Thread