+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Put your money where your mouth is

Put your money where your mouth is

I have been a very cynical sports fan over the past 10 years. I have always felt that the game was manipulated by either the refs or perhaps the coaches to change the outcome of the game for financial benefits. With the upcoming game in Orlando on Saturday anyone who thinks the NBA is fixed should bet everything they have on Cleveland. With the way the economy is and considering that LeBron is just getting older, his legacy needs to begin this year. I feel that the bookies/NBA had to let Orlando go up 3-1 just to give people the idea that Orlando could possibly win the series. Just think of all the money people made when Orlando won game 4. I guarantee people were betting heavy on the Cavs that game and I know the line was around 1.5. All I am saying is that if the Cavs win this series and then go on to win the championship I will say that the NBA is fixed forever. If Orlando wins this series I will shut my mouth about the game being fixed. I think that a lot of people are thinking similarly to me so it should be interesting to see the outcome of the game. I am considering betting a substantial amount of money on the Cavs in game 6. The line currently has Orlando favored by 1.5. I have never seen so many conspiracy theories out there as there are currently.

I dunno. Game 5 was called a little more fairly than I first imagined it would be. Still, I think Orlando got some bad calls, but not so many where I thought the Association was conspiring.

I've recently discovered that I have magical powers.

If it rains tomorrow, it's because I made it happen.

If not, check back the next day to see my powers in action.

I'd have to see the context of games 6 and 7 first (to see if the refs are still handing them calls).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

My bottom line to all this was, if you truly believe the NBA is fixed or bias towards LBJ the Cavs have to win game 6 and 7. I am really looking foward to the game tomorrow.

Its not that its fixed its that the refs themselves are in love with and awed by Lebron and Wade, not to mention they are so old and slow that as soon as they drive in and there's a little contact, they cant see wtf just happened, and give it to the superstar.

Basically, they are Cavs homers on RealGM, who have vowed to themselves to call it down the middle but can't help getting a boner when they see Lebron do something amazing.

The NBA is biased towards Lebron James, but in the end the players decide the game. Here is a perfect example. In Game 5, Rafer Alston was 1-10 while Mo Williams was lights out from three. If those numbers are reversed, Orlando wins. You can bet your bottom dollar if the game is close, the Cavs will win, but if Orlando executes and knocks down threes, they will win.
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    To me, this phenomenon makes the Pistons 2004 Championship even more impressive.

If you don't have the superstars, you have to play out of your mind to win.
    Find a new slant.

And they didn't just win, they won the series 5-0!
    _

which was the OT game? game 4? that was an absolute crime how the calls went down the stretch. it's like they were trying to help lebron and cleveland win. fortunately they still lost in OT.

but that call that sent lebron to the line in the closing second was one of the most ridiculous calls i've ever seen. the defender was backing away and giving lebron space. james was falling to the floor out of control and he threw his elbow into the defender. the right call was an offensive foul. a bad call would've been a 'no call'. the most horrible, inexplicable, conspiracy-fueling call was a defensive foul.

and that's what they called. insanity. that game should've never made it to OT and it's fortunate the magic weren't completely screwed by losing in OT.

the officiating in the nba is at its worst ever. charges and blocking fouls are both called horribly inconsistently and screwed up with regularity. that needs to be clearly studied and changed. it's a complete joke.

+ Reply to Thread