+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31
FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Finals OST: (2) Detroit vs. (4) Pittsburgh

How was he last playoff and the rest of this one (I honestly don't know)? Remember when everyone wondered if Pavel could perform in the playoffs? I don't agree with dumping Hossa over one series.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    How was he last playoff and the rest of this one (I honestly don't know)? Remember when everyone wondered if Pavel could perform in the playoffs? I don't agree with dumping Hossa over one series.
    It's not a matter of how Hossa played in one series (the finals). It's how he played in the playoffs as a whole. When you consider the amount that we will have to pay him, that mone could be spent elsewhere. I would rather put it towards a big time goalie. Osgood was solid but he's pretty old and won't last much longer.

I asked how he did in this and last playoffs. Is there reason to believe he won't perform in future playoffs? And even if so, is there reason to believe it's any different from the Datsyuk's situation?
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I asked how he did in this and last playoffs. Is there reason to believe he won't perform in future playoffs? And even if so, is there reason to believe it's any different from the Datsyuk's situation?
    Hossa was one of the Pens best players against us last year. He had 3 goals and 4 assists in the series. That's 7 points on their total of 10 goals. They didn't want to "Get rid" of the the guy who doesn't show up. They offered him a big ass contract!

He just let the added pressure of the situation get to his head I think. That and the Penguins had the lane so clogged it was tough to get shots off. He wasn't the only guy who didn't put the puck in the net.

He wasn't bad the rest of the playoffs, and no one was complaining about him for our first 3 home games. He played terrible in the 3 away games and game 7 for sure, but I don't remember him being that bad the rest of the playoffs at all.

And yes, he had our number last year and was the Pens driving force against us. He is the only guy we couldn't get a handle on.
    _

So what I'm understanding is that McNugget is a McMoron.

Got it.

Thanks.
    STEW BEEF!

I don't get the bagging on Hossa. He played like crap in this series and blew his chance at a ring. But how is he a bad guy? The guy was a FA and has the right to go WHEREVER HE WANTS TO. So he's a bad guy for taking less money to join a club that is full of European players that play his style of hockey? That makes no sense. In your world you probably applaud Juwan Howard for taking 25 million but rip Hossa for taking less money to play with guys that are more like him.

Wow. The guy played bad in the series and cost himself a ring. He played there one year. It's not like he turned his back on the franchise that gave him a break. He knew he was turning 30 and you can't count on many chances to win it all. As we've seen, plenty of teams who make it there don't get back, so it's not crazy for him to think the Penguins would have a down year.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I think people are just scared that he's considered a guy who can't win. It's the easy thing to blame right now.

Also, I'm still hurting from this. I'll be back to talk more Red Wings in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Just read this:

Stolen from Kukla's Korner and via the Associated Press's Larry Lage...As I noted last night, Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby was the last player in the handshake line after his team defeated the Detroit Red Wings, and he nearly skipped the entire affair altogether, hugging and huddling with pals while Nicklas Lidstrom led the Red Wings through the line. Crosby actually started by shaking hands with the coaches, who were at the end of the line, and some players had to wait to shake Crosby's hand:
    June 13, Canadian Press: After watching Pittsburgh hoist the Cup on Detroit's ice, the Red Wings lined up to shake hands with the Penguins as is custom in the NHL playoffs. Detroit captain Nicklas Lidstrom was up front, followed by alternate captain Kris Draper, congratulating many of the new champions while waiting for Pittsburgh's captain.
    "Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn't come over to shake his hand," Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena. "That's ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!"
    Hank confirmed it too. Pretty lame if you ask me. I could see if he skipped Shaking Hossa's hand, but this is BS.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

You can see the Wings waiting at 2:45 into this video. Then you can see most of the team lined up while Crosby continues to celebrate. He doesn't get up there until the very end of the line and probably only shakes 4 or 5 players' hands:

+ Reply to Thread