FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Finals OST: (2) Detroit vs. (4) Pittsburgh

Fuck. That was the game.
    STEW BEEF!

fuck fuk fufcff fuffkffkkfkkfkkkfkkkfkkkfkkk
    STEW BEEF!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Poop on a stick.

That sucked, but I still got confidence coming home.

Some of our chances could have easily went in.
    Players meeting my ASS!

First game I watch all season, and I saw a team that played way too leisurely and back on their heels. Man, talk about giving up the blue line anytime Pittsburgh wanted it. If not for some stellar Osgood, this could have been 7-0.
    Cleary is usually a good finisher, but he was lame on that breakaway--no "deke" and he goes to the backhand and doesn't get the puck up in the air.

And what the FORK. Fillipula flubbing at the blue line leads to goal one, and Samuelson playing fag defense on that second goal.

This was one game where Osgood played good enough to steal it--but the Wings played like Renoir would have played if he wasn't busy painting fluffy hats and flowers.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Yeah, nothing pisses me off more than Ozzy putting out a great effort, and the rest of the guys laying an egg.

And I defended Hossa after game 5, but this was a pathetic effort by him tonight. If he's not hurt, and he doesn't make some big plays in game 7, I wouldn't expect to see him back next season. Can't justify big money on a guy who is so inconsistent in the playoffs. He's gotta bring a little more than just giveaways and shots from 90ft out.

Blog Entries
    We will win game 7. Front page, back page, etc.

Can't believe Scudero and his 4-5 saves in the damn net in the third.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm buying the Wings/NHL package next year. Hockey is good. And why not get the NHL when 'we' pretty much have a dynasty going. bah bye Pistons.

^ fair weather fan.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    First game I watch all season, and I saw a team that played way too leisurely and back on their heels. Man, talk about giving up the blue line anytime Pittsburgh wanted it. If not for some stellar Osgood, this could have been 7-0.
    Cleary is usually a good finisher, but he was lame on that breakaway--no "deke" and he goes to the backhand and doesn't get the puck up in the air.

And what the FORK. Fillipula flubbing at the blue line leads to goal one, and Samuelson playing fag defense on that second goal.

This was one game where Osgood played good enough to steal it--but the Wings played like Renoir would have played if he wasn't busy painting fluffy hats and flowers.
    Strange to see Zip in the hockey thread.
    More strange for him to be dead on when its his first serious visit.

At first the lack of penalties didn't bother me, it wasn't a dirty game, guys were playing hard but fairly clean (for hockey), but then the Pens realized they weren't getting called for anything and started taking advantage about halfway through the 2nd. One of the worst no-calls in recent history, a Pen puts his stick between Rafalski's legs, twists it, and lifts Raf's leg off the ground. Only Rafalski manages to keep his balance, so the guy just jerks his stick even higher until Rafalski goes down. The ref was labout 10-15 feet away watching the whole thing. The puck wasn't even anywhere near them and the ref was blatantly looking right at them and doing nothing.

That wasn't the best hockey we've played by far, but we were playing well enough defensively to keep us in the game and make a late push. Just think of how that game would have gone if we'd have had a power play or two in the first few periods to give us some momentum.

Fuckabettman...
    _

+ Reply to Thread