+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Work question: .NET coding and Atom Feeds

Unhappy Work question: .NET coding and Atom Feeds

Sadly, I'm so stumped on this I'm going to bring work to my main escape from work.

Does anyone here know anything about VB.NET or working with XSL/XML/Atom feeds? I'm currently on a project that has me stumped. I keep getting a runtime error although I can't find the cause. Frustrating

_

"Parentheses" is the plural form, not "parenthesis."

Actually, parenthesis can refer to the ( symbol or to a remark outside of the theme of conversation.

I made sure before making it my sig, so-as not to make myself look foolish. I do that enough around here as it is, being an epic Clevelander and all.
    _

(call your IT guy)(that's what I did when I had to convert to the new .NET version of my database)(unless you are the IT guy)(then you're fucked)(my new .NET system works great though)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Actually, parenthesis can refer to the ( symbol or to a remark outside of the theme of conversation.
    Even so, you can't say you use too many of a non plural item.

I have too many hat.

Doesn't make sense. Even if parenthesis refers to a single mark you'd still have to use the plural form when saying you use too many. A valid use of the singular form would be if a teacher told you that you forgot the parenthesis at the end of your statement or something.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

When you thread a needle, move the needle, not the thread.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Thanks Mxy! That's a huge help.

I've always been more of a hardware/networking guy, so trying to teach myself coding beyond bsic HTML and CSS has been quite an adventure.
    Last edited by Zekyl; 05-29-2009 at 08:36 AM.
    _

+ Reply to Thread