+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LLTP: "Billups was the best mid-level exception signing in NBA history"

Blog Entries

LLTP: "Billups was the best mid-level exception signing in NBA history"

Discuss.

James (Ann Arbor, Mich.): Now that Chauncey Billups has been named third team All-NBA, he is be definition a top-15 player and a top-three guy at his position. If we gave up a top-15 player, should fans not expect to acquire a top-15 guy in his place this off-season? Neither Carlos Boozer nor Ben Gordon are even top-10 players at their positions, let alone players who will ever receive even one vote for one of the all-NBA teams. Unless we’re signing someone of Chauncey’s caliber this summer – and none of the players available are now nor ever will be of Chauncey’s caliber – then the trade will have been a failure. Am I missing something here?

Langlois: Quite a bit, actually. First, Boozer was a third-team All-NBA pick last season when he averaged 21.1 points and 10.4 rebounds a game. He’s 27. That should give him at least five more prime seasons. Coincidentally, if he becomes a free agent, the Pistons can sign him for up to five seasons. Gordon was one of 27 players in the league to average 20-plus points a game. He carried the Bulls to a few of their postseason wins over Boston despite playing with a pulled leg muscle. He just turned 26 – within a few months of Billups’ age when he joined the Pistons seven years ago. Billups was the best mid-level exception signing in NBA history and the Pistons got six great seasons out of him. If trading him gives the Pistons a shot at adding two players the caliber of Boozer and Gordon as both are entering their prime years, then Joe D will have made two great moves involving Chauncey Billups.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    How many MLE All-Stars have there been? There are a few stars who signed for MLE dollars but weren't strictly MLE -- Big Ben comes to mind.

And here we go again: Boozer and Gordon.

Fuck that scenario
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Boozer and Gordon equals 55 win seasons and never making the finals again.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'm not so down on the Boozer part, but Gordon? No thanks. I think Boozer is perfect, as long as a legit center is paired next to him. Boozer and Lee would be ideal, and I think we have the cash to get it done. I may have missed this elsewhere, but would you all be okay with a Boozer-Lee frontcourt?

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    you mean the 6-8 David Lee, who can't play any D just like Boozer? this guy wants 10 mil a year and played center for the Knicks because they didn't have any other decent big guy...

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Which is right back where we started. Funny how that works...

If those guys equal 55 wins, then that's a deal we should do. From that point, we can add role players and get beyond the 55 with those guys and Stuckey as the corner stones.

Personally, I'm not sure they make us 55 game winners perennially, but if that were the case. I'd be on board.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Boozer and Gordon won't get us anywhere, they just have mayor defensiv shortcomings, you don't come far in the playoffs if your PF and SG give up 40 PPG...and thats not worth paying 10+ a year for each player...

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    I'm not so down on the Boozer part, but Gordon? No thanks. I think Boozer is perfect, as long as a legit center is paired next to him. Boozer and Lee would be ideal, and I think we have the cash to get it done. I may have missed this elsewhere, but would you all be okay with a Boozer-Lee frontcourt?
    I'm a CMU homer, but I'd still like Kamen.

No reason Joe can't find a team in cap hell and take a center off their hands to save them some money.

Then I'm fine with Lee or Boozer at 10 mil. I don't like Gordon at all. he need the ball in his hands and so does Stuckey. Gordon also doesn't play a lick of defense. If we're getting a new SG, I want a 3 point shooter that also plays defense. Everything else is gravy.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    Boozer and Gordon won't get us anywhere, they just have mayor defensiv shortcomings, you don't come far in the playoffs if your PF and SG give up 40 PPG...and thats not worth paying 10+ a year for each player...
    So, is your thought to wait out this summer and try again next summer?

+ Reply to Thread