+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rich DeVos interview.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Q: Amway has been accused of being a pyramid scheme, of tax evasion and a host of other things. How much of the problems Amway has had over the years can you attribute to the decisions that you made or Jay Van Andel made?

A: We failed to come down hard enough, quick enough, to stamp that sort of thing out. That was a sin of omission. We failed to discipline the organization.

Our concept is square that people would all understand this and they would observe these things. But the power to make money quick is in all of us.

But oddly enough, Jay and I used to talk about this, we never had a goal of making a lot of money. We had a goal of having a business of our own.

And there were many times we could have sold out and had a lot of money. Billions. We just put it in our pocket and go home, OK? But that was never our goal.
    Translation: It was all good because I was at the top of the pyramid. Now that the billions are in the bank, we can look back and call it a sin of omission.

Further translation: Capitalism.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    During a wide-ranging interview Monday, DeVos said his next project is to bring the long-separate Christian Reformed Church and Reformed Church in America back together.

Calling the 1857 secession one of the things that has "bugged me all my life,"
    Translation: Devos is at least 150 years old, and probably much much older.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Translation: Devos is at least 150 years old, and probably much much older.

Nutrilite.

It figures godly grand rapids is built on a house of cards like the amway pyramid scheme.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

I don't have a problem with him that article. I disagree with his views on the topic, and also hate his pyramid scheme company...but I don't have a problem with him backing a cause he believes in. He has a right to that opinion.

BTW, Colorado Springs is filled with groups like Focus on the Family. Lots of wierd religious nuts down there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Further translation: Capitalism.
    Further translation: so I took advantage of a bunch of suckers...so what?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread