• Lakers in 6

2 40.00%
  • Lakers in 7

1 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: OST: 2009 WCF, Nuggets vs. Lakers

I think his message had faded on a lot of these players. Why would Sheed bust his ass because Billups told him to? Sheed has the same rings. He probably felt like he knew how to win also.

Billups goes to a team without winners and they all fall in line because Billups is the only guy that knows how to win.

I think players here just got too cocky.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

He said in an interview that looking back, he prolly didn't appreciate what he had here. He said something about taking things for granted.

So I think he was as much of the problem, as far as complacency goes, as the rest of the guys. Sheed aside.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Chauncey, Sheed and Rip as a group became uncoachable after 2004. Even the 2005 finals trip had a big component of the "let's show the world that LB got too much credit for the 'ship" chip on the shoulder. They could still win with that attitude until the coach in reality became the useless appendage they always considered him to be. Under Curry there's no way that Chauncey was going to find any humility or tap the leadership he's show in Denver while that entitlement-driven core was still intact.

Blog Entries
    Fun stat:

20 quarters have been played.

Denver has been ahead at the end of 16 of them.

3 of the 4 that the Lakers have had the lead after have been 4th quarters (obviously).
    Find a new slant.

The nuggets don't have anything to hang their heads over, really. They had a great playoff and just ran into a better team.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Wow... imagine, Chauncey making it to a 6-game conference finals!
    Whoda thunk!?

The all-important distinction being underachievers vs overachievers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    The nuggets don't have anything to hang their heads over, really. They had a great playoff and just ran into a better team.
    Good call.

I think the Nuggets finally just ran out of steam. I'm still not sold on the Lakers as a "great team" (not that you are calling them that).
    Find a new slant.

Not worried, the Lakers aren't that good.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Chauncey didn't have a great WCF overall -- put up mediocre numbers against Fisher. He's hardly the big reason that they lost ("my kingdom for an inbounds pass"), but I suspect we'd be lighting him on fire if he were still a Piston and it went down like that.

+ Reply to Thread