1 20.00%
  • Cavs in 7

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: 2009 ECF, Magic vs. Cavs

And Orlando won!

So, if you take away that "OMG, he's better than Jordan" fucking bullshit 3 pointer the Cavs are down 0-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't someone say they were unstoppable? Looks like Orlando know what they're doing. I hope Joe and Curry are taking notes.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    can someone explain to me why the Magic are actually a good defensiv team this season? i know they got Dwight in the middle, but Shard, Hedo, Alston all suck on D?!

the Cavs really struggle with the matchup problems, they don't got a player like Perkins,Sheed who can keep Dwight in front of him at Center and the other Cavs frontcourt players won't always come out to Lewis at the 3 point line...

From what I can see, they are just really good at defensive rotations. Sometimes they let Big Z get his long open jumper but have done a decent job of closing everyone else out.

Also keep in mind they are not always doubling Lebron, at least not until he gets into the paint. that means less wide open shots outside. Even a mediocre defender guarding a man is better than NO defense.

I'm not sure, but I think that's what the Spurs did, single Lebron until he gets to around the FT line then pick him up on double. I barely watched that boring ass series so i'm not sure.

Metro is basically correct, especially with the way the Spurs defended Lebron.

The problem many teams get into v the Cavs or Lakers (or any team with a gunslinger) is that they focus too much on that superstar.

Remember when we used to smash everyone? It's cause we played everyone straight up, even poor Ben on Shaq. So what if Lebron gets 40? If no one else gets on a roll and scores 20 then you win the fucking game.

We started that shit v the Bulls. Jordan can get 50 but everyone else will get next to nothing. Times haven't changed that much IMO. You just can't hit people no more.

That's why the Spurs were smart against Lebron, why the Lakers were smart against Duncan (in the post they only doubled when he made his move towards the hoop) and why the best teams are always one of the best defensive teams.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Nuggets are doing that with Kobe too. They let Jones or Billups play him straight up mostly. Kobe made some ridiculous shots late in that game, but nobody else was in the flow of the game late. They even have AC on him when he's in there. kobe scores, but nobody else had any offensive rhythm (Gasol is getting his off rebounds mostly).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    While I am surprised that the Cavs have reverted to their old "stand around and watch LeBron" ways, I'm still thinking Cavs in 7.

If they win tonight, they'll have HCA back.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Cavs’ Wallace angered over Van Gundy ‘flop’ remark
    41 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Cleveland Cavaliers center Ben Wallace is upset with Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy for accusing him of flopping.

Van Gundy said Monday he was bothered by the number of times Cleveland guard Mo Williams and Wallace dropped to the floor in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals. He said the pair fell down more times than a baby.

Wallace is one of the NBA’s most intimidating players. When asked about Van Gundy’s comments during Tuesday’s shootaround before Game 4, Wallace said Van Gundy should shut up, adding an expletive for emphasis.

Van Gundy made the same claims about Shaquille O’Neal this season, and the coach later apologized.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    What if Gilbert had moved Wally's expiring contract for another impact player?

I think they definitely could have helped their chances but chose not to take on the $.
    Find a new slant.

Oh SNAP!
    Players meeting my ASS!

Rigged League
    Hype?

+ Reply to Thread