+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Video Stores

I just can't get my shit together enough to know what movie I'm going to want to watch in a couple of nights. It's worth a trip to Blockbuster for me.

I use Netflix also.
    Players meeting my ASS!

But right now there is good sports on the tube, so movies aren't a high priority.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I just can't get my shit together enough to know what movie I'm going to want to watch in a couple of nights. It's worth a trip to Blockbuster for me.

I use Netflix also.
    I review the new releases weekly -- http://www.hackingnetflix.com is good for this -- and have a hundred-odd things in my queue at all times. I'll pop things up to the top if I feel the need (like this weekend), and periodically check that the top ~10 things in my queue aren't a waste, but otherwise I will just let things come as they do. "Watch it now" works for my "can't get my shit together" times, because I can actually watch a few minutes of a movie before I decide if I want it or if it's totally stupid.

In my neck of the woods, the only places I see Redbox boxes are the grocery stores with busy parking lots. These are places I may go to once or twice a week, but not where I'll go for a couple days in a row, especially if I have to get out of my car to return for lack of a drive-thru dropbox. That doesn't match my limited consumer habits. If my rental has a daily charge, I watch that day and return the next.

Do you have a Roku Mxy or a digital out on a laptop?
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I review the new releases weekly -- http://www.hackingnetflix.com is good for this -- and have a hundred-odd things in my queue at all times. I'll pop things up to the top if I feel the need (like this weekend), and periodically check that the top ~10 things in my queue aren't a waste, but otherwise I will just let things come as they do. "Watch it now" works for my "can't get my shit together" times, because I can actually watch a few minutes of a movie before I decide if I want it or if it's totally stupid.

In my neck of the woods, the only places I see Redbox boxes are the grocery stores with busy parking lots. These are places I may go to once or twice a week, but not where I'll go for a couple days in a row, especially if I have to get out of my car to return for lack of a drive-thru dropbox. That doesn't match my limited consumer habits. If my rental has a daily charge, I watch that day and return the next.
    These are the types of things that I just don't seem to find the time for. I never have and doubt I'll change.

I just don't have my shit in a bucket like that.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Yeah, doesn't seem worth it. I'll just turn on the cable TV I pay so much for.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I think I'm making it sound a lot harder than it is. I spend 5-10 minutes/week tops on it, usually while I'm on a boring conference call. It doesn't seem any harder than going off to a video store or kiosk, and is less time consuming. I only end up with a hundred is because I have TV shows in there -- a season of a show can be 6 DVDs, easy.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Just tried to stop by Video Schmideo around the corner from me. Walked in and got a "No rentals! No more! No More!". Out of business.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    RedBox rolling out video games in the machines starting in June.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I actually tweeted them about a month ago and asked why no games.

So that means this is my idea.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread