+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The torture thing

I agree with Hermy. Big Time. Especially the douchebag right, who say they are all full of the preservation and sanctity of life and shit, personal freedoms, they are bible thumpers (and JCriddy would NEVER approve of torture), and of course, if two guys who marry are going to ruin the world, what the fuck is America, the bastion of freedom and human rights, torturing people going to do to the world?

Bogus bullshit. Bush, Cheney, and Rummy were all about dick measuring belligerence. They should all be headed to jail, or for trial in Geneva.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    I agree with Hermy. Big Time. Especially the douchebag right, who say they are all full of the preservation and sanctity of life and shit, personal freedoms, they are bible thumpers (and JCriddy would NEVER approve of torture), and of course, if two guys who marry are going to ruin the world, what the fuck is America, the bastion of freedom and human rights, torturing people going to do to the world?

Bogus bullshit. Bush, Cheney, and Rummy were all about dick measuring belligerence. They should all be headed to jail, or for trial in Geneva.
    Hey faggot, how's your ex-wife and my kids doing?

20 minutes and no half-baked reply complete with witty inline image? You're losing your touch. Don't act like you have a life or something, old man.

And Nanci Pelosi and all the other Dems too right Zip?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    Hey faggot, how's your ex-wife and my kids doing?
    I wouldn't know, but your momma's ass is pretty sore these days.

Many of you know I am Australian so the only thing I will say in this thread is this:

I find it funny to see the 2 opposing sides debating torture.

I am happy to see that many of you are against it.

I am also not surprised that certain people are all for it.

I won't state my case cause it's a can of worms I don't wanna open so um, yeah.

This was a good read.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    "From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this, though: despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Osama bin Laden, there’s a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death."
    from David Feherty's blog

Is that the golf guy who has become a media lovechild and a charicature of himself?

Blog Entries
    In times of trouble, always look to golf analysts.
    Find a new slant.

Why is it so difficult for some to comprehend the fanaticism we're dealing with, here? These are not terrorists... they are soldiers of God. They believe God will take them to a better place. They believe that willingly giving information to the enemy will disallow this passage. They are blinded by a false prophet, and cannot fathom the human cost of their plight. Sometimes, there is simply no other way to extract intel from these individuals but for certain types of torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo
    ^We're talking about Pelosi and Reid, right?
    Put another way, back in middle school there were certain kids who could not be reasoned with, no matter how many times sent to the Principal's office, or politely asked by a potential victim NOT to take the lunch money. They didn't understand verbal communication, whether it be because of a destructive home environment, or simply due to their popularity (top of the food chain). Sometimes, torture is the only solution. Torture is the most basic, animalistic form of punishment, and it's something we all understand. Keep in mind, the type of torture varies from person to person, and torture doesn't necessarily need to be physically violent to be effective. For instance, you don't physically beat the kid... you humiliate him. Will it leave a mental scar? Sure. So does prison. So does physical torture. So do a lot of other things. But, humiliation directly attacks his power base (that of intimidation) and with the fear of future humiliation hanging over his head, he'll think twice about pushing around little Gl'enn again.

There has to be an end game to the torture.

a) Did it perform the necessary task efficiently?
    b) Was it effective?
    b) Did it alter the mentality of the person?

Example. Say I wanted to torture Bukdow due to him posting something about my mama. What can I possibly use that will be sufficiently quick, gain the maximum amount of success, and ensure he'll NEVER do what he did again? If I find him and beat the holy snot out of him, I surely punished him, but also left a deep-seated grenade of resentment within him. So I secured "A", and perhaps "B", but failed on "C". Though he may not post against me again, he'll find another way to detonate that grenade and exact revenge.

I nominate Comrade.

+ Reply to Thread