+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The torture thing

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Dude, do you have no idea who you're dealing with or the perception that certain people have of America?

I'm guessing the enemy are saying the same thing about you - who gives a fuck what the murdering Americans say or think.

Oh that's right, you don't give a fuck because you're an American and because you have the military might you're allowed to do whatever the fuck you want, when you want, to whom you want.

Who's gonna stop you, right?

BTW, still waiting for you to point out where I put words in your mouth.
    Just watched The Matrix again this week. Shit, maybe Bin Laden is really Morpheus, and the system is the enemy?

.....*

Nope.

I'm sure Mxy will correct me, but isn't the whole anti-American HATE thing centered around us being Israel's bitch?

But I forget... without the leading consumer nation this world has ever seen, the Middle East would still be "that desert over there". Sure, they'd still have oil money, but not nearly the riches they've amassed.

As for Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, etc. I really do not have a problem with "nations" in general. The Syrians and Jordanians have actually been pretty saavy during this whole mess, and Egypt secretly sides with us in many areas (as well as trains with American Special Forces from time to time). Obviously, with a large Muslim population, they cannot be so openly pro-American. An increase of attacks from within would surely erupt.

And that's what makes dealing with captive terrorists so unique. They are not a part of a national or multi-national unit. They are the mercenaries of religion, and answer to only that religion. The Japanese regarded the Emperor as a deity during WW2, and fought without mercy knowing they were fighting for THEIR God. They were infected with a notion that their very lives were being religiously sacrificed by God's word, which made death merely a portal to another kingdom.

How do you extract information from such a warrior? To him you are the devil, and speaking to you would defy his God. But, you need to know where he's from, where his "cell" is. If he talks, and you can ambush that terror cell, then that would be a dozen or so less combatants aiming AK-47's at American troops.

Whenever there's a surgical strike in the middle of nowhere, away from the main action, you have to wonder HOW we gathered that intel? I'm certain, more than just a couple of times, the information was collected through "intense questioning".

No, zdenny. More often than not the "intel" is gathered from informants, just like on CSI Miami or something. There's always someone who's willing to talk because he thinks he'll be put in charge when you kill the Big Cheese or just when you assure him that his 12 daughters won't be sold into slavery. Or, if you just give him 50 bucks.

And sometimes, alot of times, if you just axe him. The common man amidst these terrorririrorororororoists has been "recruited" not quite by his own will, and they are looking for an out alot of times. They are often more scared of terrororororists than your average Tahoe who listens to Glenn Beck all the day long.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Find the spare keys to the liquor cabinets, Zip?

Zip makes a good point. Not every enemy individual is that hardcore and every organization has soft spots that can be exploited for intel.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Remember that, in many cases, we've enabled scumbags in the region -- the house of Saud, the Shah of Iran, Musharaf, Saddam Hussein (anyone know what happened to his key to the city of Detroit?), etc. This is the climate in which the "faithful" are recruited. It's not hard to find people who tie deaths in the family or other badness and frustration to the U.S. It's not hard to fan that resentment into a flame of hostility. We've certainly done our part to keep it going. When talking about those countries that we've made rich, there's a few "haves" which we tend to support, and plenty of pissed-on pissed-off "have nots" which we generally don't. Israel is a big contributing factor, but our support for Israel is only part of the picture. Heck, some of the natural frictions are with the western world as a whole -- the countries established for trade purposes by Europe at odds with historical tribal boundaries, being sold out after helping overcome the Ottoman Empire, etc. There's a long line of crap, here.

Tahoe - you really need to understand the enemy and their reasons.

If you can't understand them how can you defeat them?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Dude, You really need to understand the terrorist. You do not.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Yep, sure.

I have no idea about what some dude in the Middle East thinks about America or the rest of the West, do I?

Get a clue: they will do whatever the fuck it takes to get their revenge. It appears we (meaning the West) will do whatever it takes to get our revenge on them for 9/11, for having too much oil, for plotting against us etc.

So here's the plan:

Let's capture these fucks and torture them for info we can use to capture and torture more of them! Yep, that'll work. Eventually we'll capture and torture or kill them all, right?

We better hope that plan works, cause based on what I've seen there is no other plan...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Tahoe knows the mind of the terrororororororrst. He's studied them for years, worked with them, among them, eaten the puss of their womenz. Tahoe knows these terirrrorororororororororsts are everywhere and it's just a matter of time before they unleash their terrorororororororor and kill us all.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread