Here's what I don't get: The average "terrorororororst" is like the average ding-dong drug dealer on the corner who gets caught. They are the bottom of the food chain, usually don't know who gives orders, where they come from, and get them on the day they are supposed to act. So what good does it do to torture a guy who had a few maps or guns and grenades in his cave and was just waiting for his orders? Even if you catch them in the field or in the act, what do they know? That they had to check outside their door every morning for a pile of camel or goat shit to dig through for their insructions to strap a bomb to their chest and run into a mall? That they had a huge pile of guns in the back of their hut that every once in awhile some fuckers came to get and killed a few peeps so the villagers wouldn't tell the Americans about them?

And to Pharaoh's point: That might have worked in the US goes and takes Afghanistan and uses it as a sort of quiet "base" where the cover up is "nation building" and inrastructure creation )you know: roads, utilities, industry, JOBS FOR AFGHANIS, schools, even (I can't believe I'm saying this) churches and mosques. And all the while making nice with villagers and local tribal leaders--who fear the taliban and terororororororistsmore than anything and KNOW those fuckers are brutal--so they can safely work with you without fear of being killed or watching their family memebers tortured and killed so they stay quiet. And then--yeah--you go out and quietly start killing the fuck out of the people you KNOW need to be killed. And hells yeah, hook their balls up to a car battery to get info--but again, you have informants, people who know they can trust you and vice versa--and not some 17 year old kid whose family was just wiped out by an American bomb or a 17 year old kid whose father served him up so the rest of the family wouldn't be mutilated--and knows NOTHING in probably the vast majority of cases.