+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34
FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: LOL @ GOP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Don't vote against your self-interests and expect it to work out
    That's something I've never understood, so idiotic.

Trump pulled off the biggest con game of all time, even better than the rest of his resume. How many voters will have the self-awareness to admit they got played as suckers?
    Find a new slant.

David Frum taking a giant shit all over the people in his party that have been shit talking him for more than half a decade.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...terloo/520833/

Health care may not be a human right, but the lack of universal health coverage in a wealthy democracy is a severe, unjustifiable, and unnecessary human wrong. As Americans lift this worry from their fellow citizens, they’ll discover that they have addressed some other important problems too. They’ll find that they have removed one of the most important barriers to entrepreneurship, because people with bright ideas will fear less to quit the jobs through which they get their health care. They’ll find they have improved the troubled lives of the white working class succumbing at earlier ages from preventable deaths of despair. They’ll find that they have equalized the life chances of Americans of different races. They’ll find that they have discouraged workplace discrimination against women, older Americans, the disabled, and other employees with higher expected health-care costs. They’ll find that their people become less alienated from a country that has overcome at last one of the least attractive manifestations of American exceptionalism—and joined the rest of the civilized world in ameliorating and alleviating our common human vulnerability to illness and pain.

I take no pride or pleasure in saying “I told you so.” We’ve all been wrong about enough things to teach us humility about our rare bursts of foresight. What I would urge is that those conservatives and Republicans who were wrong about the evolution of this debate please consider why they were wrong: Consider the destructive effect of ideological conformity, of ignorance of the experience of comparable countries, and of a conservative political culture that incentivizes intransigence, radicalism, and anger over prudence, moderation, and compassion.
    Last edited by Fool; 03-26-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    That's good
    Find a new slant.

Trump figured out that it's not the Democrats, its the right wing wackos that are the problem. Ted Cruz and his ilk.

+ Reply to Thread