+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ GOP

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Rush Limbaugh calls for segregated school buses. I'll sit here with my arms folded and holding my breath for the first GOP congressman to disavow these statements.

Blog Entries
    For fuck's sake.

How does that jagoff have any sponsors left on his show?
    Find a new slant.

mm;dr;and don't believe a word of it if I did read it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Again, the conservative brain disease: words have no meaning except what I say they have. Nothing is true unless I say it is. If I want it bad enough, I can make it a reality. If I disagree with you, I can make you irrelevant. Solipsism.

I think that's what bothers me the most. It can even lead to, "If you keep shouting a lie over and over again...". What happened to reading? What happened to reading what the other side says? I read Buckley every weekend in the Times in college. Didn't agree with most of what he said, but there was no doubt he was good at formulating his arguments and citing evidence. What's wrong with having your opinion actually challenged? Can anything bad come from that?

The conservative mindset is basically one so totally at odds with consensus reality that in order for them to change the opinions of the world at large, they have to embrace relativism - something they are in total opposition to, on philosophical grounds.

"What's true for you may not be what's true for me" is the exact opposite of what conservatism stands for, but right now it's the only thing being used to promote conservatism. It's the entire basis for the existence of Fox News, as if "the news" isn't really the news when it comes to conservatives. "What you're saying disagrees with something I heard somewhere else, so I'm going to choose to believe something different from what most people do." Considering the moral certainty required to be a conservative, it's ironic, nu?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...am.php?ref=fpa

Among Republicans only, a 42% Birther plurality say he was not born here, 37% say he was, and 22% are undecided.

Y'all focus on some weird shit. Take your guys advice and focus on the big stuff.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Tahoe, for the first time in months you and I finally agree on something in politics: this is weird.

Legalization of MJ?
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread