+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: S&T Sheed for Turkoglu?

Sorry about that...I should have finished my thought.

Relying on Joe's PROFILE of a player after he just brought in the MOST 'water and oil' team last year with an inexperienced coach, is NOT what I would concern myself with. I lol about that. He's just going to have to take a few hits for that team last year.

I love the guy, but he put that team and coaching staff together that couldn't get along for shit.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Well, I only have his word to go on.

If he says he loves the 3 point shot I'd be looking to "sign" or "trade" for shooters.

If he says he thinks we could use 2 ball handlers on the floor more often I'd be looking to "sign" or "trade" for swingmen that can handle the rock.

And if he says he wants players to team with Stuckey for the next 5 years then that's what I'm looking for.

Are you saying Joe could be a lying ass dog?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

2 out of 3 there. Hedo can shoot the 3 and he can handle the ball when needed.
    _

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i just don't like him and 30 years is just too old to waste capspace on him, i'd rather go after Marvin Williams, even if he looks ordinary, at least he's only 24 years old! + keeps improving

But isn't Marvin pretty much a midrange or closer player? That doesn't mesh well with RIP or Stuckey.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

yeah we have to move RIP in this case, the question is who can get us a better bigman Tay or RIP ?

here's something crazy...

RIP+ Max for Brand

Tay + Amir + 15 pick for Bosh

sign Marvin+ Gordon

=

Stuckey
    Gordon
    Marvin
    Brand
    Bosh

Why would we trade RIP for Brand? Don't like that deal. I'd rather do a S&T for Lee.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

its difficult to find a quality starting big making 10+ and a team who would take on RIPs contract (4 years) it would be a gamble, but we would get rid of Maxiells contract as well...if Arnie give his OK i would role the dice with Brand, he's still a 20&10 guy when healthy

The biggest issue with him last season, supposedly, was that he didn't fit what the team was trying to do. Just the word on the street. What does his contract look like?

What does that leave us on the bench? We'd have Brand and Bosh as our bigs, and the only backup we'd have left is Kwame. We'd still have no backup SF, and we'd have AA and Bynum as the backup guards. Would we have any capspace left for bench depth?

I'd prefer to try to move Rip for that Washington pick. Then we can still do the (highly unlikely) Tay/Amir/15 for Bosh and give them the option of Amir or Max in the deal, their choice. We'd probably end up with someone like Haywood in the Washington deal to match salaries, giving us Bosh and Haywood up front and that Wash. pick to get a young stud. Would you rather have Brand or Haywood and Young Stud?
    _

No cap space, but those are 2 35mpg guys who demand the ball. Don't need much.

+ Reply to Thread