0 0%
  • Mavs in 6

0 0%
  • Mavs in 7

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: OST: 2008/09 NBA Playoffs - Round 2, (2) Nuggets vs. (6) Mavs (Nuggs win 4-1)

13? Holy Shit!

That wasn't the game I was thinking of - the game I was talking about happened last season.

Just remembered: Doesn't Denver have some cap issues? Could we get Smith? Joe would love him lol
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

He's BYC until July 1st.

Would they be happy with Amir and AA or #15?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    They didn't get robbed. Wright claimed he fouled Melo onpurpose, but then why did he not wrap him up like people do on intentional fouls? Why did he throw his arms up after reaching in as if to say "I didn't touch him?" It's all BS if you ask me. He tried for the steal, didn't get it, and didn't think Melo was going to make that. Once he made it he cried foul (literally).
    i think it's pretty much robbery when the refs admit they saw the foul and didn't call it after the game

I heard a ref say he didn't see it. When did they say they saw the foul?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I haven't seen anywhere that the ref admitted seeing a foul and didn't call it. I saw the league said it was a blown call though.

This is a plausible explanation for Wright putting his arms up:

Wright was seen pulling back and raising his arms straight up as Anthony hoisted the winning shot, but the Mavs argued -- which the league's ruling would appear to support -- that Wright was merely trying to avoid a shooting foul once he realized that his charge into Anthony's shoulder on the dribble didn't sway Wunderlich.
    "Antoine was so sure he fouled him," Carlisle said, "that he stopped."
    The problem I have is why not wrap Melo up when he fumbled the ball at his feet? He wasn't going to get a shot off. Foul him and give them 3 seconds to get a shot off.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

My bad, it was only 11. Only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSm_Tpi7DPw

The last one will make you throw-up.
    STEW BEEF!

Fade away swish. Nice.

He's made a few in the playoffs this year from 3-5 feet beyond the arc too.

The NBA admitted officials were wrong when they didn’t call an intentional foul the Dallas Mavericks were trying to commit before Denver’s Carmelo Anthony(notes) made a game-winning 3-pointer Saturday.

Dallas had a two-point lead and a foul to give when Denver inbounded the ball with less than 8 seconds left. Antoine Wright(notes) was clearly trying to foul Anthony, and bumped him twice.

But the whistle never blew and Anthony swished a 3-pointer from in front of the Dallas bench with a second left that gave the Nuggets a 106-105 victory and a 3-0 series lead.

“At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony’s three-point basket,” Joel Litvin, NBA president of league and basketball operations, said in a statement issued by the league about two hours after the game.

“It’s a shame the game had to come down to this, but that’s the way it goes in the NBA sometimes,” Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said in an e-mail to The Associated Press after the league’s statement.

Cuban was visibly upset on the court after the game, but had declined comment while standing just outside the Mavericks’ locker room.

In the aftermath of the scandal involving former referee Tim Donaghy, the NBA has begun publicly acknowledging certain officiating mistakes.

Donaghy is serving a prison sentence for betting on games he officiated and taking cash payments from gambling associates for information to help them with bets.

A day after Game 4 of the Western Conference finals last year, the NBA said a foul should have been called against Derek Fisher(notes) of the Los Angeles Lakers on the final possession. That could have given San Antonio a chance to win the game and get even in the series.

Fisher jumped and came down on Brent Barry(notes) in the final seconds of a two-point game. No foul was called and Barry missed badly on a 3-pointer as time expired.

Mark Wunderlich, one of the three officials for that game last year, was part of the crew for the Denver-Dallas game Saturday night and was the one closest to Wright and Anthony.

“I’m almost as disappointed for Mark as I am for us. … It’s a call he makes 100 percent of the time,” Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said after Saturday’s game.

Added Wright: “I was positive a whistle was coming, just like everybody else was positive the whistle was coming. I made a play on the ball like I was told in the huddle, and the call wasn’t made. … I’m upset like everyone else in this locker room, and I feel like we have a right to be upset.”

If they don't call them with a simple grab, coaches will start to have their players foul harder and harder. The pussy league doesn't want that.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Has it been made public if Carlisle went to the officials before the final play and actually told them that they were going to foul with the ball on the floor? You know, "We have a foul to give, and we're going to take it before the shot".

That's something that good coaches do. If he didn't do that, it's partially on him, IMO.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread