+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Three team deal that gets us Bosh & Josh Howard

Blog Entries
    Yeah, if that is a "legit" rumor, then there must be more to it, because as described, it doesn't accomplish what the Wiz's need to accomplish.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by umichjenks
    Has anyone read that rumor that Washington is possibly looking to get Rip? I read it on mlive I think. The rumor was that Washington would send us their first round pick for Rip. I would do this in a second and grab Thabeet and then pick up Bosh.
    I doubt they want to do that. They are already in tax level and RIP makes more than the pick would.

What about:
    RIP + Max + a couple 2nd rounders or future 1st

Butler + Washington pick

It would save them money, replace their scoring wing and get them a defensive PF in case Jamison leaves.

Not sure if they'd do it. I would then send Tay and Amir to Toronto for Bosh.

Draft Thabeet with Washington pick and Lawson with our pick.

PG Lawson/Bynum
    SG Stuckey/AA
    SF Butler/Sharpe
    PF Bosh/Dyess
    C Kwame/Thabeet
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I've read a couple of things that suggest if they get #1 overall that they'll trade Jamison, since they'll have Griffin to take his spot.
    Find a new slant.

Washington can send us a contract or 2 and we have 3 second round picks we could throw one to Toronto and another to Dallas. I'm not saying they would accept the trades, but how sweet would it be.

I would love to get Washington's pick and draft Thabeet. Trade Tay, Max and a second rounder for Bosh. Draft a SF or SG with our 15th pick.

How exactly are we getting Kamen or Chandler if we already traded away Rip, Tay, and Max? Just curious about that.

If Washington is interested in Rip, do you think they're looking to dump Butler? I feel like they'd want Rip so they could be legit contenders, and if they dump Butler and get Rip, they'd have regressed in my mind.
    _

Blog Entries
    You can have Chandler for a 2nd round pick if you have cap room.

You might even be able to get Chandler + a pick or $3m cash for a 2nd round pick.
    Find a new slant.

Not looking to be a dick here, but why is TOR giving up Bosh (all star big) for Tay (meh) and Max (bad deal)? I know they "don't want to lose him for nothing", but you really think no other team would give up youth or picks or something of better value than an average SF?

The thought on Tay seems to be that if he were given a real backup and made into a #2 scoring option, he'd flourish. Or at least that's the way it's made to seem over the last few years whenever he gets brought up in a trade rumor.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    How exactly are we getting Kamen or Chandler if we already traded away Rip, Tay, and Max? Just curious about that.

If Washington is interested in Rip, do you think they're looking to dump Butler? I feel like they'd want Rip so they could be legit contenders, and if they dump Butler and get Rip, they'd have regressed in my mind.
    Well, I doubt they can afford Arenas, RIP, Butler, Jamison, Haywood and Thomas.

That's 16 + 11.4 + 9.8 + 11.6 + 6 + 7 = 62 mil without all the role players added in. Not to mention how are we trading them RIP for the pick anyway when they already have 76 mil in salaries? It's not even possible. We'd have to take back Butler, Jamison or Haywood/Thomas and another player.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'd love to take back Haywood in that (assuming he's back to full health).

If we're moving Stuckey to the 2, what about trying to get Heinrich to play the point? He can handle, shoot, play off the ball when you want it in Stuckey's hands, I think he'd be a solid fit. Maybe I'm biased because I've always been a fan.
    _

+ Reply to Thread