+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Three team deal that gets us Bosh & Josh Howard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I'd love to take back Haywood in that (assuming he's back to full health).

If we're moving Stuckey to the 2, what about trying to get Heinrich to play the point? He can handle, shoot, play off the ball when you want it in Stuckey's hands, I think he'd be a solid fit. Maybe I'm biased because I've always been a fan.
    I like Hinrich, but he's got 3 years and 26.5 mill left on his deal. I'd rather start Will Bynum and get about the same production.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Hinrich is waaay overpaid.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Yeah, Hinrich is waaay overpaid.
    He's overpaid, but his contract gets better over time:

2009/10: $9.5 mil
    2010/11: $9 mil
    2011/12: $8 mil

So next year he'll make the same money Tay does now, and it goes down from there.

He's really not a bad value IMO. He should probably be a 6-7 mil a year player, but he's not horribly overpriced either.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    It's nice that it goes down each year, but if the Bulls could have moved him in the past year+ they would have jumped on it. They've tried hard to do so without success.
    Find a new slant.

I have to agree. I've been following him since he was at Kansas and I think Hinrich is a very good and underrated pg. He can give you 15 pts and 6 assists a game easily as he has done before this yr. He is also a very good defender and besides his thumb injury this yr. he has been healthy. He shoots in the high 30% range from 3 and is an 84% free throw shooter. I think we can get him from the Bulls or maybe get another team involved and then swap players to get Hinrich. He only makes 9.5 mill., 9 mill. and 8 mill. in his last 3 yrs of his contract. Not sure what we could offer Chicago but I would love to see Hinrich in a Pistons uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    It's nice that it goes down each year, but if the Bulls could have moved him in the past year+ they would have jumped on it. They've tried hard to do so without success.
    Well, I imagine his contract was even more before, thus less enticing. Also, there is a big difference between a few years left and 5 years left.

Also, you don't know what they may have wanted. They may have demanded a starting caliber player at another position, but now that Rose has established himself perhaps their demands are pretty low.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I agree that Washington parting with the pick for Rip seems unlikely. That said, it would fit their cap desires if they sent us Deshawn Stevenson, Mike James, and either Etan Thomas or Brendan Haywood along with their pick for Rip. If they can't move any of their big money players, I think a roster of Arenas, Rip, Caron, and Jamison has as much chance as anyone else in the East to lose to Cleveland in 5. They would keep their team youth, as 4 players have TO's they would claim the following season.

I am not sold on Thabeet really. Hell looking at their roster, Sac might even rather have Rubio and trade the #1 for #2 and 15. The number two can be parlayed into a million things, and our cap position actually gets better with 2 more big expiring deals.

+ Reply to Thread