+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Arlen Specter changes parties

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Look man, I'm not giving out talking points. You know better than that. Maybe "freaking out" is not the best way to describe it, but everyone can see the state of things.

It's just an observable thing that the Republican party is trying to figure out its future right now, and it seems that at the moment they're trying to redefine themselves as a party fundamentally opposed to liberalism in every conceivable form. People who have a mix of liberal and conservative opinions are not going to be embraced for a while.

Kind of sucks when you have a post and its what you honestly feel and peeps post that you are just posting talking points, doesn't it?
    Players meeting my ASS!

No honestly, I want you to seriously consider this question, Tahoe, because I really do want to hear your thoughts on this:

How could the Republican Party be more conservative than it currently is? What could the principles of the party be that would make it a more purely conservative political party?

They could require uniforms.

STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I don't think the Republican party is too conservative.

Didn't we just get done running a neo-conservative candidate who was supposed to appeal to moderates and Reagan Dems?

How'd that turn out...?

We need another Reagan. (Mitt Romney)

Reagan would be a liberal by today's standards.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Reagan would be a liberal by today's standards.
    The only liberal thing Reagan really did was increase the deficit, which he said was his biggest regret while in office.

Not to mention, Reagan was handed a far bigger mess of an economy than Obama is today.

Obama doesn't really have much room to complain about the deficit he inherited. He already quadrupled it in 100 days and has spent more money in 100 days than Bush did in 8 years.

But back to your point, Reagan would'nt have been a lib by todays standards. However, JFK & Truman would both be Republicans "by today's standards" and Nixon may have been a lib. Moot point, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    No honestly, I want you to seriously consider this question, Tahoe, because I really do want to hear your thoughts on this:

How could the Republican Party be more conservative than it currently is? What could the principles of the party be that would make it a more purely conservative political party?
    STOPPING SPENDING! STOPPING SPENDING and STOPPING SPENDING.

Granted BO makes Bush look like Bush was at a 5 and dime store, but until the Dems back control of congress under Bush, Bush didn't veto 1 single spending bill.

And McCain got the nod from the Repubs and that fuckin douche thinks water boarding is torture....LMAO.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    And McCain got the nod from the Repubs and that fuckin douche thinks water boarding is torture....LMAO.
    So did Reagan.

I do see spending as out of control too, but mostly on the military side of things. Military spending is pretty much completely unaccountable because no one wants to be the one accused of "gutting" the military. If we cut 10% of the military's budget, and increased domestic spending by 5%, we would all be much better off.

+ Reply to Thread