+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YourNews.com, featuring Mike Stone, Rob Parker, Eli Zaret and more.

Blog Entries

YourNews.com, featuring Mike Stone, Rob Parker, Eli Zaret and more.

YOURNEWS.COM BRINGS DETROIT’S MOST TRUSTED & WELL-KNOWN MEDIA MEMBERS BACK TO YOUR DOORSTEP!

April 27, 2009

DETROIT, MI - YourNews.com debuts today in the Detroit Metropolitan area as the first-ever online user-generated news source in the world based on zip code, where users will have the ability to upload personal or community news articles based upon editor and decency approval. The 24/7 national news/sports/entertainment newsfeed will be driven by AP, Reuters, and over 3000 contributing journalists.

YourNews.com is a true hometown, homegrown platform, boasting the best of Detroit’s media heritage. An All-Star cast of newsmakers, who Detroiters have come to know and love over the years, have been assembled to contribute daily and weekly articles, columns and video offerings.

YourNews.com’s All-Star Lineup includes: Mort Crim, John Smyntek, Eli Zaret, Rob Parker, Mark Wilson, Lila Lazarus, Mike O’Hara, Art Regner, Judy Adams, Vartan Kupelian, Mike “Stoney” Stone, Adam Helfman and David Sowerby.

YourNews.com publisher Jimmy Risk explained the concept of his new venture. “We thought it was the perfect time to launch an online daily newspaper with a trusted group of names and faces from all areas of Detroit’s rich media syndicate. We are actively making an effort to revolutionize the way news is reported and distributed with an interactive daily platform of text and video. We understand the changing face of the media world, and are inserting a new vehicle that will give readers another great source of information, while incorporating the latest technologies, including Facebook and Twitter.”

Risk continued, “Smart people have asked me why I wanted to be in a pennies game amidst a horrible business environment. Two reasons; First, the road less traveled has always been a familiar highway to me. Secondly, I wholeheartedly believe in the mantra, ‘If you build it, they will come.’ Well, we are building it and today we will shine our light.”

Former Detroit Free Press and Names and Faces architect, John Smyntek, will provide his fans a new daily entertainment column called “Snark Central.”

“Even six months of away from my former position, I’m still buoyed by emails and calls about being missed by my loyal readership,” said Smyntek. “And I’m sure that’s the case with all my other colleagues who will be providing their talents to YourNews.com Detroit. It’s a chance for us to do what we love again for the people who love us.”

Legendary local and national newsman Mort Crim commented, “For years, we news people have talked about how the internet is the future of journalism. Well, the future is here now for me, and I’m more than excited about it.”

Detroit Pistons announcer and longtime sportscaster Eli Zaret also commented on his upcoming column. “It used to be that I had to wait for a scheduled airing of a sportscast to say what I wanted to say on TV or radio,” said Zaret. “Now, I don't have to wait until 11:15…I can spill my guts from my webcam whenever I want, for how long I want, from wherever I happen to be. Playing with this technology – having radio, TV and print all rolled into one, on a 24-hour basis – is a dream come true for me and my fellow media junkies at YourNews.com.”

Users will log onto www.yournews.com and enter their zip code to access and upload news that is targeted to their local area, along with accessing the best that the All-Star Lineup has to offer. The performance-driven daily can also target a zip code or a county for advertisers who want the benefits of big name writers and advertising accountability.
    Find a new slant.

I actively avoid reading or listening to most of those people. Thanks for the warning GD, good lookin' out.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    NO LOVE FOR ELI?
    Find a new slant.

Eli is a sycophant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli
    There's a little Denny McClain all over me.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread