+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 70
FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons free agency rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

Blog Entries
    I think it's a bit of a leap to start calling him an all star caliber player, especially when he was having a hard time even getting into the starting lineup of his own team over the past few years. (And don't give me any Ginobili bullshit, either).

Maybe he can be an All Star (if Rip gets moved), but if nothing else, he's got an All Star contract now.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Don't get douchey over this. You're defining go to guys by 20 ppg and high volume shooting, also using 3 point shooting.
    No, I'm defining them by 20ppg scoring, and sorting them from there by both 3-point% and the adjusted FG% Again, follow along.

I'm talking about good ole fashioned fg shooting efficiency.
    "good ole" %FG is a bit out-dated, because it doesnt take into account the extra points you get from making threes vs layups, and how well/often you shoot free throws.

It's a much, much better form of measurement than simply how your %fg looks, which is heavily weighted towards big men and penalizes guards.

The whole point of efficiency is to get more out of every shot, calling that skewed list"go to guys" based on your rule set is an attempt at wanting to be right against a factual easy to read stats
    Every stat I've given is accurate, and adjusted %FG is a more accurate way of telling how many points you score per attempt.

. If you don't like it, don't know what to tell ya. Saying Rip, and other players who dont score 20ppg arent go to guys is ridiculous
    oh...well, you probably won't like this, then: Ben Gordon's adjusted %FG rapes Hamilton's as well. The aren't even close.

Actually nevermind, you're in stubborn "gordon is a sall star starter no matter what stat i need to skew to make you believe" mode. You're convinced in your skews, i'm not. run with it.
    Ah, denial....

Kstat:

Some people just wanna trash the signings, the amount of money we're gonna pay and the skills of the guys we signed regardless of reality.

No amount of discussion is gonna make these people happy.

They can't discuss why Joe signed who he signed. That might ruin the fantasy that that they had on July 1st.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry about Gutz, I think he was still insisting the Joe wasn't going to trade Darko as recently as last year.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Glen “Big Baby” Davis may not make is back to Boston. After a strong performance in the playoffs against the Bulls, he’s drawing interest from several teams, including Detroit, as a restricted free agent.
    http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2238

This could be good, if we could get him for the remaining cap space, but it would cost us a shot at Dice.
    Find a new slant.

So if we have $3-4 mil remaining in space how does Boston not match that?

If we could get him then that would be sweet. Dice can go to Cleveland or LA and try to get the ring he deserves.

I'm sure IF we did sign Davis the majority would be pissed, wondering how on Earth it came to this when Amare and Chandler were/are so obviously available.

Because if they sign sheed, they will be up against the luxury tax.

I'm not sure if they feel big Baby is worth $7-8 million a season.

Well, I can see why they'd want Sheed instead.

Blog Entries
    Seems like someone would be willing to give him the MLE. Doesn't it?
    Find a new slant.

the MLE...for a guy that averaged 7 and 4 last year.....

+ Reply to Thread