+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 70
FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons free agency rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

Chauncey was our best 3-point shooter by a country mile. I don't care what position he played.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    he "chucks" from distance at a better clip than Chauncey Billups, Joe Dumars and Reggie Miller.

Among 20ppg scorers last season, only Kevin Durant shot a better 3-point%.

When you take the adjusted FG% into account, only four 20ppg scorers (out of 20) shot a better field goal percentage: Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Amare Stoudemire and Chis Paul.
    Damn you skewed edit on top of the skew. Again good luck with the funneling of info to convince yourself that he's an efficient shooter.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I don't need to convince anybody. It's called evidence. All you have are empty assumptions.

The only high-volume scorers in the NBA last year that scored more efficiently were Amare, LeBron, Howard and Paul.

He scored at a more efficient rate than Wade, Granger, Tony Parker, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, Paul Piece, Dirk Nowitzki, Kobe Bryant, Chris Bosh, Kevin Martin and Joe Johnson.

Chauncey was our best 3-point shooter by a country mile. I don't care what position he played.
    Ooookkkkk??????WTF is your point in relevance to this meaning something about Gordon being an efficient player? Are you going somewhere worth typing over with this? Gordon is better 3 point shooter than Billups, so is Kapono. Don't get what you're fizzing out here.
    ^

I don't need to convince anybody. It's called evidence. All you have are empty assumptions.

The only high-volume scorers in the NBA last year that scored more efficiently were Amare, LeBron, Howard and Paul.
    HUH? This is getting scary K? He's efficient among other high scoring chuckers? great, that proves that among his chucking peers he's top notch. But OVERALL he's not an efficient scorer. Accept that reality w/o spinning it.

I accept that as a 3 point shooter he's a beast, that doesn't equate to overall efficiency. Honestly I like the guy, just not as a starter.
    ^

except Kapono is never the focus of a defense. A #1 scorer shooting a high 3-point% is far more impressive than a spot-up shooter like Eddie House or Jason Kapono, who take mostly open shots, which is why I included other 20+ppg scorers in my survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    HUH? This is getting scary K? He's efficient among other high scoring chuckers? great, that proves that among his chucking peers he's top notch. But OVERALL he's not an efficient scorer. Accept that reality w?o spinning it.
    My point was that he's a more efficient scorer than %90 of the go-to guys in the NBA. I'm sorry if that didn't sink in.

Calling him a "chucker" implies that he's a low-percentage scorer that needs to jack up a ton of shots to score a few. That's not the case in comparison with his peers.

except Kapono is never the focus of a defense. .
    So he made himself get open, or did his team find ways to get him open. 3 point shooters are the toughest thing to gameplan if you swing the ball around properly and penetrate as well as Rose does.. He didn't win ROY by accident. You're suggesting that catch and shoot Gordon is any less a beneficiary of these things than catch and shoot Kapono is a serious stretch.
    ^

Gordon gets his shots in a variety of ways....often with 2 guys trying to stop him.

The fact he faces much tougher defensive pressure game in and game out makes it more impressive.

Jason Kapono will never be a go-to guy in the NBA, so there is no comparison. He will never be asked to create his own shot with the game on the line.

comparing Kapono to a guy that is actually game-planned against every game is far, far different.

I've backed my claims up with stats. You backed yours up by comparing a guy that attempts 6 shots a game to a guy that attempts 15 shots.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-03-2009 at 08:28 PM.

My point was that he's a more efficient scorer that %90 of the go-to guys in the NBA. I;m sorry if that didn't sink in.
    Don't get douchey over this. You're defining go to guys by 20 ppg and high volume shooting, also using 3 point shooting.

I'm talking about good ole fashioned fg shooting efficiency. The whole point of efficiency is to get more out of every shot, calling that skewed list"go to guys" based on your rule set is an attempt at wanting to be right against a factual easy to read stats. If you don't like it, don't know what to tell ya. Saying Rip, and other players who dont score 20ppg arent go to guys is ridiculous. eggie Miller was the ultimate go to guy, and most years he doesnt make your skewed list(6 out of 18 times did he score 20 or more).

Actually nevermind, you're in stubborn "gordon is a sall star starter no matter what stat i need to skew to make you believe" mode. You're convinced in your skews, i'm not. run with it.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread