+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 70
FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons free agency rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    8 ppg against the Spurs, and I bet that was mostly against the defensive wunderkind known as Nazr. TD never scored under 20 points in any of those games. Yeah, it was the best bball of Jerome James' career, but you still can't claim he played his ass off. The man is the very definition of "not play his ass off", and he lucked out into his payday as much as anything.

I don't think anyone's calling Gortat the next Hakeem, but he's at least athletic and is a tough rebounder. That's more than you can say for most bigs, and he's definitely worth the gamble in my eyes to see if you can spread the same contributions over 36 minutes. I, for one, think he can and is worth rolling the dice on.

He's not worth rolling Nazr Mohammed money on. I'd love to have him, but not at that price.

The market for Gortat is the full MLE. Many, many teams apparently offered it.

I'm not saying the guy is worth that but if you wanted a shot at him then that's what you had to offer.

IF so many teams are willing to give him that deal then obviously he's "worth" it.

BUT time will tell if everyone was stupid or was smart.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

well, I'm saying in the long run I don't believe he will prove worth the cost.

Cool - let's revisit this in 3 years and see what became of the Great Gortat?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

My prediction? Basketball will have been renamed Gortatball by then.

Blog Entries
    Just read that Orlando and San Antonio are ready to make MLE offers to Big Baby as soon as the Celtics sign someone else.
    Find a new slant.

Hopefully Joe D makes a play for baby, now.

If other teams want to overpay for him, then so be it. But he obviously has a chance for more minutes here than other teams that would have interest.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-05-2009 at 10:29 PM.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Is Big Baby's recent success the product of relaxed foul calling in the playoffs, or his reluctance to fight for rebounds?

I like Big Baby -- don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't want both him and Maxiell, or for us to spend all this money and have NO one who's an above average rebounder for their position to show for it.

+ Reply to Thread