+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 70
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons free agency rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

CV is best served as a 6th man imo. not really worth giving 6~7 million for a 6th man. im not really feeling the hype. sometimes he wouldnt even start over Mbah Moute or whatever...that's gotta mean smoething.

You're not feeling the hype?

What hype?

Powder (anyone get the reference or should I stop?) doesn't even rate a mention on this site. I wonder why.

And GD - if you propose that Sessions is at PG, Stuckey is at SG and Rip is dealt for a big I could support that.

But if your proposal is Sessions at PG, Rip at SG and Stuckey on the bench (or dealt) I'll call you a moron.

Right or wrong Joe hitched his wagon to Rodney Stuckey. Until Joe does something that says otherwise Stuckey is here and he's a starter.

I'm more than willing to discuss him as a SG but please forget about Bibby or Andre Miller. We don't need no funky old dudes playing PG for us. I'd rather run with Bynum and Stuckey for the next 3 years than Bibby and Stuckey.

And Glenn - I didn't mean Sessions agent. I meant the shit that used to go down where an agent would steer a couple of his clients to the same team in order to improve that team (increae his clients profile) and/or have some kind of leverage over that particular franchise.

The leverage part is a bit of a worry IF the agent brings you 2 superstar players, but if it gets us Millsap and Gordon (and we deal Rip + parts for a starting C) I wouldn't be too concerned.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    And GD - if you propose that Sessions is at PG, Stuckey is at SG and Rip is dealt for a big I could support that.

But if your proposal is Sessions at PG, Rip at SG and Stuckey on the bench (or dealt) I'll call you a moron.

Right or wrong Joe hitched his wagon to Rodney Stuckey. Until Joe does something that says otherwise Stuckey is here and he's a starter.

I'm more than willing to discuss him as a SG but please forget about Bibby or Andre Miller. We don't need no funky old dudes playing PG for us. I'd rather run with Bynum and Stuckey for the next 3 years than Bibby and Stuckey.
    You can play around with a lot of scenarios. I just want a PG that gets his teammates good looks and has at least 4 years left in the tank.
    Find a new slant.

What are you willing to pay Sessions? $5 mil starting salary?

I can swing a plan with him.

What other PG's ya want?

I'll do a bunch if you want and guys can poke holes through 'em all (although my plans have been met with a mass case of idon'tgiveafuck flu)

Blog Entries
    I'm keen on that Charlotte deal right now. Let me get sick of that one first and I'll get back to you.

I think Sessions might be had for MLE + $500K, maybe.
    Find a new slant.

The Felton/Wallace/Okafor for Tay and Rip deal?

Fuck Yeah! I'd love that.

We could even sign Boozer and I wouldn't be pissed.

But we wouldn't sign Gordon, so we'd have to sign some bench dudes that can shoot the 3, especially a back up SF.

Blog Entries

Free agency
    The official salary cap won't be set until the first week of July, but with $41 million worth of salary commitments for the 2009-10 season, the Pistons expect to have no less than $17 million of available cap space to work with.

Only Memphis and Oklahoma City will have as much.

To get to the $17 million number, though, the Pistons will have to renounce free agents Rasheed Wallace and Allen Iverson. They could re-sign Wallace, but that does not appear to be the plan.

The Pistons also stand to lose Antonio McDyess to free agency. Because he was traded, bought out and re-signed last season, the Pistons do not own his Larry Bird rights. He is an unrestricted free agent.

On top of that, they are waiting to hear from center Kwame Brown, who has until June 30 to pick up a player option for $4 million next season. The Pistons expect he will exercise his option and return, but if he doesn't, they gain an additional $4 million in cap space.

Given all of those factors, the priority will be to sign a young, top-tier power forward. Carlos Boozer, 27, is expected to opt out of his contract with the Jazz. If he does, he most likely would be the Pistons' first option.

Paul Millsap, 24, a restricted free agent in Utah, would be another option.

The Jazz, most likely, won't be able to keep both and re-sign center Mehmet Okur.

The Pistons also have some hope of re-signing McDyess, though they acknowledge that he is expected to be courted by several contending teams (Boston, Cleveland, San Antonio).

The Pistons also need perimeter scoring help and it appears the primary target will be Bulls shooting guard Ben Gordon.

But there are too many unknown variables at this point to accurately define what Dumars' plan might be beyond those obvious primary targets.

Keep in mind, too, that having a lot of cap space facilitates trades as well as signing free agents. If a cash-strapped team is interested in trading off a high salary, the Pistons are one of the few teams that can accommodate it. That's how the Clippers acquired Marcus Camby from Denver last season.

It's all muddled and murky right now, but a gradual clearing will take place over the next few weeks. By the middle of July, the Pistons' new design model should be taking shape.
    Find a new slant.

I really like Sessions game, but I still see Stuck's only chance at success in the NBA at learning the point position. And I think he's going to be good at it, it just seems he needs to find the medium between dominating the ball (like in college, since he has no real talent around him) and always deferring to other scorers (which I saw a lot of this past year).

He can get to the basket, I don't think anyone can argue with that. But that just means defenders will back off on him, meaning he either needs to develop a consistent jumper or learn the pick and roll as well as anyone in the league. That takes having a big man with some range though, and I can't say who that big man could be at this time. Boozer, Millsap and Lee don't jump out at me as ideal options there.

Boozer is great at the pick and roll, him and Deron Williams ran it well.
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    The Pistons let Valter become an UFA yesterday, he's gone to Europe it seems.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread