+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 70
1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons free agency rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

Blog Entries

Pistons free agency rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

So what about the Pistons? Word is they may make a serious run at Carlos Boozer (and possibly Gordon, too).
    http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ba...he_ben_go.html
    Find a new slant.

Not a fan of Gordon. We all know how AI/Stuckey worked. I either want Stuckey to continue to be the PG and learn or move RIP and get a true PG in here.

I'm sick of roles not being clear.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I like the sig Chris.
    STEW BEEF!

Oh really Fool?

LOL
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Potential Pistons targets: Boozer wants to stay; Gordon noncommittal

BY VINCE ELLIS • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • May 5, 2009

Here's an update on two players -- Utah's Carlos Boozer and Chicago's Ben Gordon -- who are possible targets of the Pistons this summer when they attempt to overhaul their roster.

Boozer, although he expressed to the Salt Lake Tribune his desire to return, is expected to opt out of the last season of a deal that would pay him more than $12 million next season and become a free agent because of his desire for a long-term deal.

According to the Tribune, Boozer's best option might be to hang around for a season because few teams (such as the Pistons) would have the cap space to sign him outright as a free agent this summer.

If he decided to stay put, he becomes prime trade bait as the Jazz may try to get something for him before he leaves.

As for Gordon, the unrestricted free agent probably helped himself by averaging 24.3 points per game for the Bulls in their seven-game series loss to the Celtics.

It seems doubtful the Bulls would be able to keep Gordon since they already have $63 million in salary commitments for next season with the salary cap expected to be around $57 million.

"I really don't know (what will happen)," Gordon told Bulls.com after Chicago was eliminated Saturday night. "I'm just going to have to wait and see what my options are. See what the Bulls want to do and go from there. I'd like to be here. ... So you never know."
    Find a new slant.

Boozer wanting to stay probably means millsapp can be had for the right price.

Problem is, it has to be high enough to make Utah choke on the potential tax numbers, and I'm not sure Millsapp is worth that dough.

Ben Gordon is really interesting as a 6th man, but he will never sign on to be a 6th man, and we already have 1 1/2 starting SGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenndizzle
    Can never have too many.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenndizzle
    Especially if some of them are gonna play PG!
    Find a new slant.

i don't see players rushing to sign with us. we're gonna have to use our cap room to trade for guys and build this team with draft picks. when we've assembled more talent and start to climb back to respectability again, THEN we might have a shot at signing elite FAs.

not many guys will want to sign with a sub .500 team that not only isn't a contender, but a team that could quite possible be even WORSE next year.

If guys are FAs they would suck joe's dick to get our money.

+ Reply to Thread